October 12, 2024, 01:23:57 AM

Author Topic: [WM] doubleclickhere's warmaster projects  (Read 53592 times)

Offline docdom

Re: [WM] doubleclickhere's warmaster projects
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

the bright colours

are due to the new photo studio I own. I spend some money and time and installed my own high tech studio. Here it is.

It's basically a box with three windows covered with white baking paper to spread the light of a lamp.

I also finished the bases of some fresh painted silver helms and put them in the box. Here's the picture.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »
sweet :)
I toyed with a light box last year, but other things got in the way.
This however may be the solution ;)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 06:36:52 PM »
great! that improve a lot the quality of the pic!! (If you allow me to mention it, your first pics posted here (undeads) where too dark, and now you have reached a perfect light balance)...   )should I learn from you!

Offline graymatterblues

• The Procrastinators Guide to Wargaming
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »
I've been working on one of these myself. I have it finished even but can't get good shots yet which must have something to do with my camera settings. Guess I need to find my manual!!!

Offline docdom

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:59 AM »
I'm happy with the box as it gives me more constant results than before. Before the box the pics were yellow or dark or kind of pale and needed the right light which I never really found out. With the box there is still some variation but way less. The chariots and eagles pictures were taken outside with daylight. The silver helms were taken inside with my desk lamp and the camera flash. So I'm still experimenting but at least I'm happy.

It's great to hear that you guys also have one at home. I think everybody should. Here's a link to the DIY.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10-macro-photo-studio.html

I'm looking forward to seeing your shots made with or without the box.

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »
Oh yeah, thats alot better! Now we can admire your miniatures in all their beauty!

Im off, making my own lightbox now. :)
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline docdom

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 04:27:38 PM »
Thanks Guthwine. Enjoy building your box. It was fun working on something different being bigger than 10mm and you don't have to be very precise either.

Offline graymatterblues

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
Yup. That guy has a great tutorial on his DIY Macro Lightbox. I have a link to that page on my blog myself.

Offline docdom

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »
I have a link to that page on my blog myself.

I think that's where I found the link.  :) While surfing your blog. Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:03:56 PM by double click here »

Offline graymatterblues

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
Ha! Well glad I could help. I was planning a post on my blog on how mine turned out as well but until I find my manual and determine if it is my camera settings or the box, or the lights I am using that are producing the not so good picture effects I don't want to that. So it will probably still be a week or two.

Offline graymatterblues

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:06 PM »
Finally did that post on my light box. Its nothing really fancy but I did include some supports to clamp the lights to.

Here is the post on my blog along with a picture. http://somuchleftundone.blogspot.com/2011/05/macro-light-box-on-cheap-ish.html

Offline docdom

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
@ graymatterblues:

Wow that box looks great with the three lamps in support. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics made by this box. I bet you get some good light and nice pics with the three lamps.
By the way: I like the light and the atmosphere of your picture of the light box. Did you have a bigger light box to take the picture of the "normal" light box?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:45:43 AM by double click here »

Offline docdom

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
Today it's time for an update. I was so impressed by Vincents self made castle I also wanted one really bad. Thanks to his tutorial it was fairly easy. The only problem I encounterd was while making the negative of the stone wall. The first try I forgot to grease the styrofoam positive and half of the milliput remained stuck in the positive.... Doh! But with some grease and some new ordered milliput the second try went much better. I also found out that I can use my photo box as a storage box. Here's the result.

It still looks a little bit like barbie's castle but some grey paint should make it look more like a boy's toy. When I removed the castle from the box I also could take some pictures of my new elven infantry units.

For now I'm done with the elves except for some dragon princes (6 strips without the command strip  :'() which are already primed. I'm going to paint them mostly blue and silver. After that some Averland or Ostland empire will follow. But maybe some chaos will be first because you can paint points quicker.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
nice castle, and great work on the elves.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »
yep really nice, the light box (and you, of course) makes excellent pics