August 05, 2024, 07:24:46 AM

Author Topic: If you could make an Imperial ship legal, which one(s) would it be?  (Read 171059 times)

Offline Zelnik

Re: If you could make an Imperial ship legal, which one(s) would it be?
« Reply #600 on: February 01, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »
So, now that Battlefleet bakka has been renamed "Battlefleet Ham Sandwich"

Let us discuss it's list.

Bread
1-2.  If only one slice of bread is present, the sandwich is "open faced"

Ham
The sandwich may have unlimited numbers of Ham, but must have at least one ham present.

Mustard
0-1.

Mayonnaise
0-1. May not be taken if mustard is present.

Vegitables.
The sandwich may have any numbers of standard sandwich aligned vegetables (Onion, lettuce, green peppers). It may have one non-sandwich aligned vegetables for every three standard pieces of vegetable.

One drink may be had with the fleet. 

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #601 on: February 01, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »
Which was the one that had more readily accesable grand cruisers?  I thought it was Bakka but I cant see it now that they even allow any, for some reason?

What area fleets are left to be covered, and what is the 'niche' of the currents?

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #602 on: February 01, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Either battlefleet Hydraphur (which is where they were made) or Cypra Mundi.

I have been pushing a fleet that focuses on grand cruisers for a while. They need a boost, and it would give us a chance to make the Governor, another long lasting and well balanced ship, legit.

Also it would give us a chance to actually make the "Charybdis" class grand cruiser, so the new FW grand cruiser would have some sort of basis in the game.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #603 on: February 02, 2011, 01:44:42 AM »
So, now that Battlefleet bakka has been renamed "Battlefleet Ham Sandwich"

Let us discuss it's list.

Bread
1-2.  If only one slice of bread is present, the sandwich is "open faced"

Ham
The sandwich may have unlimited numbers of Ham, but must have at least one ham present.

Mustard
0-1.

Mayonnaise
0-1. May not be taken if mustard is present.

Vegitables.
The sandwich may have any numbers of standard sandwich aligned vegetables (Onion, lettuce, green peppers). It may have one non-sandwich aligned vegetables for every three standard pieces of vegetable.

One drink may be had with the fleet. 

I really think the mustard/mayo exclusivity is unnecessary. I can see how they could go together and have a few fluff examples as evidence. Such as last Christmas, I had a ham sammich with mustard and mayo. So it's obviously doable in any holiday based list. I've also had mustard/mayo cheeseburgers from both Maccas and Hungry Jacks (Burger King for you yanks). So I think that's evidence that there is no inherent conflict here. Therefore I'd allow both to be taken without restriction.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #604 on: February 02, 2011, 02:00:01 AM »
True, however the numbers of people who enjoy both of these together is such a small demographic, that there is no point in adding it to the rules. I am also obsessed with my own idea of a sandwich and have the power to make the rules.

Remember, you can always house rules your sandwich, it's all about having fun.

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #605 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:52 AM »
Really? The Ham Police won't come knocking on your door to "confiscate" the mayo/mustard recipe?

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #606 on: February 02, 2011, 02:25:56 AM »
Games Sandwichshop supports individual players and their hunger. Any sandwich made from non-games sandwichshop products will be investigated, and the creator sued for attempting to sate their hunger with third party products.

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #607 on: February 02, 2011, 02:33:24 AM »
I guess rumors of the 14th Black Croissant with Cheesysauce led by Thespoiled Abbocado is false then?

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #608 on: February 02, 2011, 02:38:43 AM »
At first I thought this was sarcasm, but I can't understand what point the wit is trying to make.  Baseless humor?

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #609 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:24 AM »
I dunno, I feel the unlimited amounts of ham may be OP.  It should be limited 'to any ham beyond the eighth may only be taken if 3-5 beers are also taken as part of this list.'
non nobis domine non nobis sed nomine tua da na glorium

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #610 on: February 02, 2011, 03:28:31 AM »
sparticus, it's hardly baseless.

In this situation, Nate is wielding his HA position like a club.  He has created a list that is only suitable for the garbage, and is utterly unwilling to change it when better ideas are presented.

It's great to work with him, but if he wants the support of us forum goers, he has to deal with the terrible truth that we don't respond well to it.  Other suggestions have been put foreword, he has ignored them (while quite artistically claiming not to have ignored them). 

There are better sector fleets to make then Bakka.  I never understood the obsession with it.

In the end, it's Ham Sandwich. 

The ham is not OP, every consumer knows that no one will bring more then three slices of ham to a sandwich, otherwise not everyone will eat it. 

As of this moment, the Bread Lord Vader rumors are untrue.

New Annoucement, the Waffle Wars continue.. a new Bread lord arises...

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #611 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:03 AM »
sparticus, it's hardly baseless.

In this situation, Nate is wielding his HA position like a club.  He has created a list that is only suitable for the garbage, and is utterly unwilling to change it when better ideas are presented.

It's great to work with him, but if he wants the support of us forum goers, he has to deal with the terrible truth that we don't respond well to it.  Other suggestions have been put foreword, he has ignored them (while quite artistically claiming not to have ignored them). 

There are better sector fleets to make then Bakka.  I never understood the obsession with it.

In the end, it's Ham Sandwich. 

The ham is not OP, every consumer knows that no one will bring more then three slices of ham to a sandwich, otherwise not everyone will eat it. 

As of this moment, the Bread Lord Vader rumors are untrue.

New Annoucement, the Waffle Wars continue.. a new Bread lord arises...

One day I hope I'm elevated to the HA.  Then I can make any list *I* want official if it looks like it will make GW more money.  (See Battlefleet Mandragora, once the lists bug are worked out, coming to a tabletop near you!).

For some reason I just picture d a HA composed of me, Horizon, and Plaxor.  Somehow, we might not ever get a list finished, but the boards would be positively aflame the whole time.

Mostly because I would get more people to buy the game by having buxom scantily clad models appear playing it in advertisements.

On the other side, I, apparently unlike everyone else, am enthused with the idea bakka being made offical.  I just wish that it was better.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2011, 04:34:31 AM »
What is so horribly broken about Bakka?

Otherwise its all just personal opinion, it seems.  Though there are some things that could be done to improve fluff and gameplay.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »
Conflicting rules and fluff that sounds like it was made by Matt Ward and C.S. Goto's love child?

Offline BaronIveagh

• Dark Reign
« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:03 AM »
Conflicting rules and fluff that sounds like it was made by Matt Ward and C.S. Goto's love child?

And this is different from current BFG fluff how?  I love the Gareox Incident that happened during a period that Bakka was not part of the Imperium (and was, in fact, under the control of the heretical cardinal Bucaris) shaping Imperial navy strategy. 

Somehow the 'big gun' lobby leading a heretic fleet from Bakka to destroy the loyalists at Gareox seems like it should have been influencing in the other direction...