October 28, 2024, 03:16:28 PM

Author Topic: [WM] PW's Warmaster projects...  (Read 10080 times)

Offline pw

[WM] PW's Warmaster projects...
« on: September 06, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
Hi all, in an attempt to get my various painting projects on track I thought a log of some kind might be in order. So, here it is... This'll be mainly Warmaster-related but as and when other projects interrupt I'll try to show you what I'm up to. I'll try to update this with at least a unit every fortnight, starting with a bumper update next week with stuff I'm about to base over the next couple of days.

For today's post, here's my table of toys:

In there there's roughly 2000 points of Orcs, Empire, Chaos and Dwarfs. If I can keep my mind on track I'll be focussing on the Empire and Chaos for the next month or so to get the armies bulked up (they're both at around 1000 points now).

Distractions I've got to try to avoid on the way include: Nurgle Blood Bowl team, Realm of Battle table, and much much more! Let's see how I do...

Offline Carrington

Re: [WM] PW's Warmaster projects...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
Sometimes I wonder whether it's best to consider miniatures as a distraction from the terrain.

Offline pw

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »
I like doing terrain! I'm pretty excited about the Realm of Battle thing (the BB team I'm painting now is a commission I took on to pay for it). Now that I've got a gaming room I've finally got space to spread all of the stuff out (leaving half-played games set up is very handy I must say, as is setting up tables/armies the night before). But the room is crying out for more attention than the flat MDF table you can see in the picture so it'd seem rude not to oblige. I'm also planning on some Warmaster terrain, I really fancy some army-specific terrain to go with the four armies but I think that may have to wait until two of the armies are painted.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
I agree with Carrington, my dwarven hold is forever getting put back down the schedule in favour of painting toy soldiers.
That said though you should be able to do a 2k chaos army in about 2 weeks ;)

Might even be worth a trip over the pennines to view your scenery when it is done :)

Offline pw

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:06:33 PM »
You'll be very welcome, you can show me what a painted army looks like while you laugh at my woeful grasp of WM tactics! I'll provide tea, cake and a room to play in. This does all rather depend on Harry (now three) being asleep/out/allowed to throw some dice...

Offline Carrington

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
I agree with Carrington, my dwarven hold is forever getting put back down the schedule in favour of painting toy soldiers.

Mwahhahaha...  Nothing like throwing dead toy soldiers at you to keep you away from your fortifications.

Offline pw

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 09:11:36 AM »
The Nurgfling team (Nurgle Halfling) team are complete and ready to go to their new owner for a tournament tomorrow:

That means I can get back to the Warmaster so hopefully I'll have something new to show this weekend.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:13:50 AM by pw »

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 10:49:29 AM »
Very, very nice.
Good to see some old school GUO's in the team.

Offline pw

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
Thanks, the buyer was happy so I'm happy. The cash for these instantly turned into a Realm of Battle table which I'm going to play around with for a while before painting so next up is some Warmaster (well actually, next up is my bedroom floor which needs sanding and revarnishing!). Coming soon:
Chaos Warriors, Daemon Prince, Emprire Cannons, and Chaos hounds, all in a bumper roundup of what I've painted recently.

Offline pw

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:26 PM »
So, here are the pictures of what I've completed since the demise of the Tale of WM Painters:

Chaos Warriors:

Chaos Hounds (two of these were already completed):

Daemon Prince (he's currently a 'counts as' Hero on Chaos Dragon):

(as you can see his nose lost some paint on the way back from Warhammer World)

And the Empire get a little love with some cannons:

Next up, it's reinforcements for the Empire in the form of a hero on hippogrif and some Knights.

Oh, and the eagle-eyed may have spotted the Realm of Battle table in the background of the pictures!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:34:28 PM by pw »

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:07 PM »
Great job, I especially like the gold-red chaos warriors.
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline docdom

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
I'm with Guthwine. Nice job. I like your red/white empire troops, especially the guy from the character pack you put in the cannon crew. I like these little "conversions".

Offline pw

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
Thanks guys. My next unit (awaiting basing) is a unit of Empire Knights that has a similar 'conversion' in that I've used a different hero for the command stand. Basically I haven't got the skill to manage real conversions in the style of Dave or Vincent and couldn't put up with anything less but these little 'figure swaps' at least add a little variety without being remotely taxing. Hopefully I'll have more pictures tonight.  :)

Offline pw

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »
The Empire reinforcements arrive, led to battle by this heroic chap:

And the trusty knights:

Next up, I'll try to finish painting up a unit of flagellants.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:22:55 PM by pw »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »
This daemon prince is one of my favourites figures of warmaster range... and your paint is great!!