October 28, 2024, 01:12:12 PM

Author Topic: [WM] PW's Warmaster projects...  (Read 10077 times)

Offline pw

Re: [WM] PW's Warmaster projects...
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 09:17:45 AM »
Well it's not going well so far as I'm yet to get started! (very) pregnant wife + 3 year old with cold = NO PAINTING TIME! At the very least tonight will see me dump the models that need stripping into a jar of Dettol...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:57:51 AM by pw »

Offline pw

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
Time elapsed: 3 1/2 hrs. Time remaining 21 1/2 hrs

The challenge continues but not in the dramatic way I’d imagined. First, it turns out that I can only muster about 30 minutes painting time a day so to date there’s been no heroic push forward with the undead, and second, batch painting 1000 points of Warmaster figures isn’t actually dramatic in any way! What have I to show for three and a half hours?

Well, to date I’ve built everything on the list except for the chariots and the bone giant (a lost pin vice is the problem there). The rest is undercoated white (except the carrion who are black). Preparing this lot took close to two and a half hours (including dunking the painted figures in a jar of Dettol). The next hour was spent painting all of their bases graveyard earth in what has to be the dullest painting session I’ve ever endured!

Next up, it’s more brown. This time Calthan brown….

Offline Stomm

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
Anyone who has paid any attention to my painting posts will realise that this is going to have to be lightning fast painting for me as I'm possibly the slowest painter around.

Don't be daft, you all know that I'm the slowest painter the world has ever seen. Although I must admit that this is largely due to 'faff time', for every hour spent painting at least the same is spent getting settled down to paint, selecting the DVD to put on, having a cup of tea and some biscuits and so on...

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
But the right setup before painting determines the outcome, especially the right DVD in the background is an important factor. :)
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP