August 08, 2024, 06:17:49 AM

Author Topic: BFG 2010 FAQ WIP pdf file  (Read 27477 times)

Offline Don Gusto

Re: BFG 2010 FAQ WIP pdf file
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »
Oh boy, nice draft. :o
Overall I like it although it still contains a lot of errors (as has already been pointed out).
Just a few comments/questions which I hope haven't been mentioned before.

p.8 Resilient Attack Craft
The last part of the example "...because both ordnance phases have already taken place." is confusing. There is one ordnance phase per turn, never two.

p.10 Torpedoes
Please don't do this (see my post in the ordnance thread).

p.11 Turret Suppression
I like the fact that fighter support is now limited by attacking bombers, not defending turrets. But theres a lot of references left in the faq which still mention turrets in relation to fighter support and are now confusing.
Just to make sure:
If two bombers and two fighters in a wave attack a ship with 3 turrets and 3 get shot down, the remaining 'wave' will make [d6-3]+2 for a total of 2-5 attacks? Is this correct?

p.13 Hit and Run Attacks
I don't see a need to allow ships on LO/RO special orders teleport attacks. The rule is straightforward and the fluff behind it makes sense to me. On special orders the ships crew is too busy and its energy is needed elsewhere. It has nothing to do with the fact that its weapon strength has been halved.
In an engagement at close range this change will benefit the side which already has the upper hand (less ships on BFI), is this the intention?

p.14 Example of Ork RokZ getting beat up by a Retribution
Seems to imply that I roll 12 dice for critical damage for the first rok and then another 6 dice for the second. This can't be right.

p.27 Eldar Holofields vs Boarding
I'm still not sure how holofields save against boarding. Once against the boarding attempt in general or once against each hit suffered in a boarding action?

p.28 Eldar Haven Spire
May I endeavor to ask how many hits that shining marble sports?

p.34 Demiurg cutting beam at extended range
That's a nice idea but (in Armada) the beam starts at strength 1 not 0 (has been pointed out before).
I think it would be better with a wording like:
"The cutting beams range can be increased to 30cm by halving its effective strength (rounding down)."

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:02 AM »
Hi,
p13, this has mainly to do with Necron and Space Marines iirc.

p27 this is in the rulebook

Offline Dan_Lee

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »
Ramilies: you say the ramilies can now rotate 45 degrees per turn, which is all well and good, but maybe you should specify that it always rotates in the same direction, to avoid some very odd tactics involving Ramilies that oscillate and spin all over the place.
Various BFG and other gaming articles that I've written can be found (and downloaded for free) on my website, www.danleeonline.com. Enjoy.

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »
Good point. I'll fix this.

Ramilies: you say the ramilies can now rotate 45 degrees per turn, which is all well and good, but maybe you should specify that it always rotates in the same direction, to avoid some very odd tactics involving Ramilies that oscillate and spin all over the place.
Check out the BFG repository page for all the documents we have in work:
http://tinyurl.com/23nul8q
:) Smile, game on and enjoy!           - Nate

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »
p.27 Eldar Holofields vs Boarding
I'm still not sure how holofields save against boarding. Once against the boarding attempt in general or once against each hit suffered in a boarding action?

Good catch. Against raming and boarding, they save once against the ramming or boarding attempt, NOT against any damage suffered if this save fails. 

p.28 Eldar Haven Spire
May I endeavor to ask how many hits that shining marble sports?

8Hp. I am updating a separate "Eldar Domains" draft that addresses the Haven, Eldar Transport, crew skills etc.

p.34 Demiurg cutting beam at extended range
That's a nice idea but (in Armada) the beam starts at strength 1 not 0 (has been pointed out before).
I think it would be better with a wording like:
"The cutting beams range can be increased to 30cm by halving its effective strength (rounding down)."

Good catch. Fixed. I also added that the cutting beam is never less than strength one.

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »

p.8 Resilient Attack Craft
The last part of the example "...because both ordnance phases have already taken place." is confusing. There is one ordnance phase per turn, never two.

Good catch. I have fixed this to say "...the ordnance phase for each player has taken place."

p.11 Turret Suppression
I like the fact that fighter support is now limited by attacking bombers, not defending turrets. But theres a lot of references left in the faq which still mention turrets in relation to fighter support and are now confusing.
Just to make sure:
If two bombers and two fighters in a wave attack a ship with 3 turrets and 3 get shot down, the remaining 'wave' will make [d6-3]+2 for a total of 2-5 attacks? Is this correct?

Correct.

p.14 Example of Ork RokZ getting beat up by a Retribution
Seems to imply that I roll 12 dice for critical damage for the first rok and then another 6 dice for the second. This can't be right.

This entire example was buggered up. I fixed it using a squad of three Dauntless CL's against a squad of three Carnages so the example would make much more sense and to clarify this was NOT something unique to Ork Roks.

Offline DarknessEternal

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
Is any of this ever going to be consolidated into a downloadable resource in an official capacity?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »
The pdf is available. At the yahoo group a more final draft has been posted. So I guess it'll be at GW within months.

Offline russ_c

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »
Nate,

Unless I missed it someplace, could you share your thoughts on why HA has chosen a STR2 marker for torps instead of something larger and how you do (or don't) see the feeling of torp game play changing?

Thanks!

Russ

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2010, 03:08:25 AM »
1. I think we should standardize all ordnance bases to 2x2cm squares

2. will there be a fleet commander for an "all Demiurge fleet"? especially one that is 750pts +?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:10:19 AM by fracas »

Offline tinfish

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:03 AM »
Could this be split into 3 sections - rules updates, fleet section and the FAQ. Trawling through 38 pages to find a few rules changes isn't going to be fun  for the first few games trying them out, especially when you remember reading something and can't find it again.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 08:14:43 PM »

2. will there be a fleet commander for an "all Demiurg fleet"? especially one that is 750pts +?

Looking at the fluff, I would argue no because it doesn't seem to indicate that level of organisation to their society. You really don't need one with their Ld values anyways.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
Not for ld boost but for reroll options and legality

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 04:00:50 AM »
Check the kor'or'vesh pdf in the Tau thread draft!

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 05:32:24 AM »

Legality? Necron and Tyranid don't use fleet commanders so no fleet commanders for Demiurg isn't a problem.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."