August 08, 2024, 06:14:24 AM

Author Topic: BFG 2010 FAQ WIP pdf file  (Read 27473 times)

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

Re: BFG 2010 FAQ WIP pdf file
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 11:53:14 PM »
Any updates to the WIP FAQ? Haven't been able to log in easily here.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Some late notes:
I never asked the queston what was up with the double mark of nurgle in the Powers of Chaos list when taking the Terminus Est and the Nurgle Warmaster... wasted points!

Orks:
The Fighter Bomber sequence. It all starts well and I understand and then comes the paragraph below: When a wave of ... ... ship actually has turrets.  Now I lost it and do not understand them anymore.

Eldar:
Flame of Asuryan weapon labelling (adressed at Yahoo).

Adeptus Mechanicus:
Here is a noodle : in the archmagos entry it is stated that the Magos is placed on a ship BEFORE the leadership is rolled. Isn't it normal that first leadership is rolled and the admiral or equivalent is placed?

Imperial Navy:
Apocalypse not taking 1 hit from the locked on special rules. Yeee-haa!

Allies:
I think Dark Eldar can and will join with Craftworld Eldar and Corsair Eldar, especially Corsair if the circumstances say so. I mean, they're dying and not entirely stupid.... (wait,... official Eldar are... no defence vs mon-keigh weapon batteries say that they are stupid. lol lol lol ;) ).

General fleet restrictions:
Craftworld Eldar attack rating of 3. Thanks ;)

Disengaging from a capital ship squadron: well disengaging 1 vessel opposed the whole team makes it somewhat better but I still see no logic in having BFI count for the whole squadron.

Massed turrets:
It says that a ship can get +3 extra turrets from three other vessels in base contact. Assume: 1 Sword gets turrets from 3 Firestorms. That is 5 dice for the Sword.
But when afterwards (in the same phase) one of the Firestorms is attacked, may that Firestorm get a +1 from the Sword, or any other Firestorm?
Is the massing unlimited per phase?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
Hi,

played a game with FAQ2010:

* Torpedoe's on strength 2 marker: works. Did not change gameplay. My opponent being happy on this new rule as he found the previous wide markers ridiculous (he is an IN / Ork / Chaos / Eldar player so knows to shoot and receive torps).

* Fighter Bombers: we both agreed that the new fighter bomber rules make them much to weak and that they are badly written down.

Offline BlueDagger

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 05:31:03 AM »
Playtested using the new FAQ:

- Same result with torpedoes, it was a lot more organized and standardized things. I did notice on our printouts that 2 torp marker is a bit smaller then the WHFB base so it still makes things a lil hard for 3D modeling.

- Turret massing (can't remember if that was new) was very simplified.

- New FoA costing for hero and flame rules are a nice fit.

- Shadowhunters are awful now lol

- Battery on Dragonship from 16 to 14... didn't really notice.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 03:12:17 PM »
I strongly suggest that we keep the old fighter bomber rules.  Allow me to explain my madness.

First things first. The Orks have to split their ordnance between two functions (both as fighters and as bombers), which means they lack flexibility.
Secondly, the odds of an ork craft reloading are part of the big bad joke that the ork fleet is known for.

So lets let them keep their shockingly powerful fighter bombers... they only get one shot and they are not exactly hard to counter.

I already made my rage known about the shadow hunters...

When i looked at the gunnary table, the difference for eldar batteries between 16 and 14 can be anywhere between 1 and 3 dice.. not huge i confess, but i never was a fan of 'balance by nerfing'.  I think it would have been better to make it 4 pulsars instead.  Call me a freak if you like :P

seriously.. no FLR Hero ship... that just makes my brain melt.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:17:07 PM by Zelnik »

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
Secondly, the odds of an ork craft reloading are part of the big bad joke that the ork fleet is known for.[/qiote]
I think Deadshane would disagree with that. He has never mentioned a problem with his adepticon fleet reloading ordnance, though granted he does take a good number of rerolls IIRC.
-Vaaish

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
When your average LD is 7 (on a good day), reloading becomes a problem. Not a HUGE problem, but a problem nonetheless.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »
Nah, my Ork opponent does manage his reloads most of the times. There is no problem with Ork Leadership in the overall game.

Fighter Bombers are now too weak though.

And Zelnik, 4 Pulsars is a no-no. ;)

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
Ork FBs should be getting a lot of attacks but they need to have worse chances of damaging a target. They should be rolling against lowest Armor+1 up to max of 6.

Offline russ_c

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2010, 09:29:38 AM »
I'm playing a game tomorrow and am going to put the 2010 FAQ to a playtest.  Are the rules initially posted in this thread still the most up-to-date?  Just want to make sure before spend time rifling back through the FAQ as we play.

Thanks,

Russ

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »
Check the two threads made by Nate (flybywire) which are labelled faq clarifications pt1 & 2.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
okay... Again, why can't we just leave the fighta-bomber rules the same as they were before?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2010, 01:46:40 PM »
Well, Zelnik, I believe they have abandoned us once again (check out the Tau thread(s)). They took the info they wanted from us and molded something....

Just like Genestealers or so I guess.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »
As a casual fairweather ork player, I definitly have had problems with ordnance reloading in my fleets.  I really hope fighta bombas are changed, so I can buy more of a fleet.  Because Orks don't need a nerf, and the fighta bombas were a fine orky thing.

I've expressed before my sadness with the torpedo rules.  The Imperialy Navy I have always imagined playing as a wall of torps you must go around.
Now its much easier to, in theory.

This IS a WIP file right?  Its great to see life in BFG but with all the errors people brought up, will it be changed and clarified to crystal purity?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:52:14 PM by lastspartacus »

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »
'Torpedo Placement in Turn of Launch: A torpedo salvo is now represented with a Strength 2 marker with a D6 indicating the actual salvo strength. Place the torpedo marker at the end of its movement in the turn of launch so that it is completely within the correct fire arc. Now retrace the markers movement reducing its strength as appropriate. When launching torpedoes the torpedo marker will technically be in all arcs and may be in multiple arcs until its final position this movement, it may not interact with anything out of the torpedoes firing arc, no matter how close the target vessel is to the shooting vessel, regardless of how wide the torpedo marker is.'

This doesn't make sense to me.  Whats this 'all arcs' business.  And 'how wide the torpedo marker is'?  Its all the same length now.

Edit:  And as I see no points cost on the power rams, is that simply something that all Imperial cap ships now have standard?  (Barring NC ones)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:41:14 PM by lastspartacus »