August 06, 2024, 05:18:57 AM

Author Topic: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions  (Read 176044 times)

Offline RayB HA

Re: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »
Russ,

Daemonships count as still being in play for the purpose of criticals.

Caine-HoA,

I put this in the FAQ a while ago, they do count as shields.

Cheers,

RayB HA
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline Caine-HoA

« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2010, 04:00:38 PM »
Ah ok sry i guess i read that over.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2010, 02:52:28 AM »
As far as the Demonships are concerned. How does the hull point repair roll correlate with the critical hit repair roll as they both occur in the end phase and the first would affect the other?
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2010, 01:23:10 PM »
I still have not gotten an answer about lock on and SPG and Terror field....

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Yes, Ray answered it. The FAQ wil not adress it.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2010, 06:38:34 PM »
But i was not given a reason and it just seems stupid to not let the player use it.

can we have a list of all the HA approval requiring rules, and the ones that cause the most dissent? We really don't want to move off topic here. 

Offline russ_c

« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »
BFI and Slavetaking: the slavetaking alternative to hit&run critical is chosen after BFI save correct?  In other words Slavetaking is a form of hit&run that you're allowed a standard BFI save against correct?

Offline Admiral_d_Artagnan

« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
What does the actual rule say?

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2010, 11:19:23 PM »
"The Dark Eldar receive a +1 on Hit & Run attacks (meaning they will normally succeed) but may forgo rolling on the Hit & Run Critical Hit table in return for +10 VP's. This +1 modifier is only applied to Slavebringer Assault Boats, not Impaler attacks."

Hmm. As it reads in the BBB for A-Boats, after rolling for turrets, you go straight to the Hit & Run attack's critical table roll. I would say the defender recieves a BFI roll for every AC squadron that wants the +10 VP option just like he should get a BFI roll for any squadron that makes a successful Hit & Run attack.

This does bring up an interesting question, do Dark Eldar get +1 modifiers to Teleport Hit & Run attacks? I would suggest they should as it is their style of attack.
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:32 AM »
Should be able to BFI.

Since there is a rule saying the DE get a +1 modifier for H&R attacks then they should have it.

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
Actually Admiral, that is the rule on the +1 for Hit & Run attacks. But it specifically states its only applied to the Slavebringer's with no mention of Teleport Attacks. Clarification from Ray on this would be really helpful.
I am Zukov's Klaw.

Offline russ_c

« Reply #206 on: May 09, 2010, 01:38:45 AM »
Orks AAF and Failed Command Check: After failing a command check to go on SO can any other Ork vessel elect to go on AAF?

Relevant quotes in question can be found in the following discussion:

http://www.portmaw.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?39434

« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
Actually Admiral, that is the rule on the +1 for Hit & Run attacks. But it specifically states its only applied to the Slavebringer's with no mention of Teleport Attacks. Clarification from Ray on this would be really helpful.

Ah, I missed the part about the Slavebringer. Then the +1 to H&R would not apply to Teleport attacks.

Offline russ_c

« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2010, 10:20:13 PM »
Crippled Daemonship and Haunting (Repair): A Daemonship is crippled.  It drops into the warp and returns un-crippled.  Do you score victory points as Crippled or Disengaged at the end of the game?

Daemonship and Warp Translation: It's stated that "In the End phase of any Chaos turn, after the first, they may enter play from the warp..." and then it says under Spectral Daemonships "It is not entirely present in real space...  At the end of any subsequent Chaos End pahse it may complete the translation to real space."

Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but this means that any Daemonship that starts the game off the table can not be placed on the table until the end of Chaos turn 2 and won't materialize until the end of Chaos turn 3, which means it won't be able to move or shot until the beginning of Chaos turn 4 at the soonest!?  :-\

If that is correct, now imagine using Haunting to disengage and come back repaired.  The game would have been done 3 hours ago! (I'm not petitioning for a rules change, but with rules like that the upgrade should be FREE! :D  Or, at least modified so materializing can take place at the start of a turn without option to go on SO...maybe.  Also, change it so you can place the ship at the end of your first turn.)

Daemonship and Moving: Ray, why was it ruled in the last FAQ that they can't move?  I get the other rulings about shooting etc., but being able to simply move gives them an actual purpose as a LD disruptor.  That might just make it worth taking for a unique strategy.  As it stands it seems quite pointless to invest 20+ points.

Russ
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:32:00 PM by russ_c »

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »
1.  No, if a demoship de-cripples itself, it no longer counts as being crippled.

2. You may start with a demonship in normal deployment if you wish, but you don't get the opportunity to haunt until you translate out, and back in again.

3. Balls if i know, it CAN be useful if you get lucky with your translation roll.