August 05, 2024, 01:27:38 PM

Author Topic: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions  (Read 175955 times)

Offline Mallich

Re: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions
« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »
Can Orks still manufacture Roks by spending repair points?

When the Ork Roks' and Space Hulks' rules were first published in White Dwarf (issue 238... I think that was in 1999) there was also a textbox/insert called "Using Roks and Space Hulks in campaigns (With thanks to Jonathan Daniel's for his suggestions)". The 1st and 3rd paragraphs of the box were about the Space Hulks, and years later both of these paragraphs were moved into the main text under the title "Ork Hulks in Campaigns" on page 61 of Battlefleet Gothic Armada. The second of the original three paragraphs was about using Roks in a campaign... and wasn't copied into Armada. In fact, this paragraph doesn't appear in any of the later Ork PDFs. Is this paragraph still considered official, or was it a case of "retcon by omission"? Later publications don't mention anything about it. I get the feeling that when the article was re-structured and copied over to Armada, somebody cut out the paragraph so they could merge the rest of the textbox into the space hulk rules, then forgot to re-insert it back into the Rok rules.

Quote from: Andy Chambers (White Dwarf 238, page 24, top-right textbox, 2nd paragraph)
In a campaign, Orks can build Roks by expending repair points. Once a Rok has accumulated 8 repair points it becomes active and may be added to the Fleet Registry.

Offline Backfire

« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »
Question: If an Imperial fleet list contains a Heavy Cruiser, are they subject to similar restrictions as Battlecruisers in Imperial lists and Heavy Cruisers in Chaos lists?

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:07 PM »
Question: If an Imperial fleet list contains a Heavy Cruiser, are they subject to similar restrictions as Battlecruisers in Imperial lists and Heavy Cruisers in Chaos lists?

I'm not sure what you mean. The terms Battlecruiser and Heavy Cruiser can be used interchangeably.

Offline Backfire

« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2013, 11:24:57 PM »
Well for example, number of Battlecruisers in IN fleet is limited by number of 'regular' cruisers. But rules say nothing about Heavy cruisers (though in Chaos lists they are similarly limited). Some Heavy cruisers are available to Imperial fleets, either from reserves or otherwise. It would indeed make sense that they are considered 'battlecruisers' if used in Imperial fleets, but I wondered if there is any consensus or prior ruling in the issue.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »
You must have the prereqs for any ship you take as a reserve so yes you would need an open battlecruiser (heavycruiser) slot and three ships from your core fleet to take a heavycruiser in a bastion fleet.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.