August 05, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Author Topic: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions  (Read 175977 times)

Offline Zelnik

Re: BFG FAQ 2010 Fleet Specific Questions
« Reply #450 on: January 11, 2011, 05:06:52 AM »
they land like any other vessel that can, moving off the edge of the table that counts as 'ground'

AKA... you see a sphere on a planetary assault mission, you hope you kill it before it lands!

Question. If a vessel already comes with a lord and a mark, do you need to purchase both a warmaster and mark for said vessel at full points? (In the case of the Conqueror or other special vessels that come with lords and marks already)

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2011, 05:50:29 AM »
they land like any other vessel that can, moving off the edge of the table that counts as 'ground'

AKA... you see a sphere on a planetary assault mission, you hope you kill it before it lands!

Question. If a vessel already comes with a lord and a mark, do you need to purchase both a warmaster and mark for said vessel at full points? (In the case of the Conqueror or other special vessels that come with lords and marks already)

I know, it just doens't actually say it. It's one of those things where it implies it, but doesn't state.

Also the profile for the Q-ship is wrong (I think) as it says in the special rules that shooting at it will produce 2 blast markers (and thus prove it to be a q-ship) but in the actual stats it has only 1 shield. It would make sense that this would be 2 as it is quite costly.

Offline skatingtortoise

« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
i think its in the FAQ that it should have 2 shields.

Offline Don Gusto

Switching from AAF to BFI during movement
« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
Hi, I'm posting this in the fleet section because my second question is the important one.

When a ship on AAF goes on BFI during its movement (due to ramming, ordnance attacks, asteroids ...) does it still continue for the full distance (basic movement + 4d6)?
I guess so, but I'm not sure and can't find anything definitive in the FAQ.

Even more interesting: Does a Necron ship on AAF retain its full move AND the ability to turn every 20cm when it switches to BFI?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
In example 1: yes full distance moved. BFI done.

Necrons: per letter of rule: yes move full with turns and all.

Offline lastspartacus

« Reply #455 on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »
What, you can brace when initiating a ram?

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
anytime you face damage, so once you hit and before he rolls for ramming damage on you, you may attempt to brace.
-Vaaish

Offline Don Gusto

« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:22 PM »
In example 1: yes full distance moved. BFI done.

Necrons: per letter of rule: yes move full with turns and all.
But where in the rules is the part I can't find?
Where does it say that BFI doesn't override AAF?
Because there is one very clear statement - that a ship can NEVER be on more than one special order at a time. If a ship braces on AAF and continues moving under AAF rules, then it IS using 2 special orders at the same time.

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2011, 09:35:20 PM »
Hey folks. I have a problem.

A friend of mine wants to use the Conqueror, but I just had a look at the FAQ.  No warmaster can be on the same ship as a lord.  The Conqueror has a lord as part of it's points.  Does this mean it cannot be the flagship?

IF i want to use it as a flagship, Do i take it -as is-, or do I spend the 125 points? Also, in the Khorne fleet, you MUST spend 25 points for the mark of khorne... but the Conqueror already has it...

So are you wasting 125 points in getting a warmaster for the ship?

Offline Plaxor

• Tyrant of BFG:Revised
    • BFG files
« Reply #459 on: January 15, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
How do criticals work on Activated Blackstone Fortresses?

Offline Don Gusto

« Reply #460 on: January 15, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Today I had a match against Necrons and we had the following situation:

My Orkz had put a ton of assault boats in front of his Cairn, so that it couldn't avoid them.
A fair distance away (over 60cm) the Necrons have a squadron of 3 Jackals. The Jackals go AAF with the intention of intercepting the assault boats (by moving into/through them). AAF roll for extra speed is a 4 for a total movement of 80cm. So far so good.
First Jackal moves, contacts the first assault boat squadron and the squadron goes on BFI before rolling for turrets (That Jackal is then destroyed by rolling a 1 for his save but this is not important).

Second Jackal moves - on AAF special order or on BFI?
40cm with one turn or 80cm with one turn every 20cm?

Offline Gron

« Reply #461 on: January 15, 2011, 09:02:32 PM »
Both, the BFI is initiated after AAF has come into effect, so it and any other Jackals in the same squadron will move 80cm and are on BFI at the same time. This is the same principle as when ramming, you speed up, moves, brace just before impact (ld passed in order to hit at all, thus you risk taking damage and may therefore attempt to BFI) and then smash into/through the target.

So in effect this would reduce weapon strength twice as both AAF and BFI halves weapons.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:03:08 AM by Gron »

Offline flybywire-E2C

• BFG HA
« Reply #462 on: January 16, 2011, 03:49:58 AM »
Correct. We will not be releasing an update to the FAQ to clarify this, but I can loop this in before we send the completed projects off to Games Workshop.
Check out the BFG repository page for all the documents we have in work:
http://tinyurl.com/23nul8q
:) Smile, game on and enjoy!           - Nate

Offline Don Gusto

« Reply #463 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:18 AM »
Thanks for answering Nate.
I'm sorry I didn't bring this up earlier but it only came up recently (playing too much eldar I guess  :-[). In the FAQ (even the old one) it says:
"A ship or defense can never be on more than one special order at a time ..."
In my opinion this doesn't leave much room for interpretation and the section for BFI only mentions RO.
If a cruiser (20cm speed) on CTNH went on BFI after moving 5cm, could it still make 2 turns? And if it was squadroned, the other ship as well???

Offline Zelnik

« Reply #464 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
hey, i seem to recall a change to the Solaris, making it's WB 45cm and ignoring range shifts.. It's not in the faq.. Am i hallucinating or something?