September 30, 2024, 05:12:05 AM

Author Topic: [WM] New 10mm manufacturer  (Read 2390 times)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
[WM] New 10mm manufacturer
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:18:42 PM »
Has anyone got any of the figures from this manufacturer in Switzerland?

https://www.ciboslittledudes.com/collections/types?q=10mm%20metal%20miniatures

How do they compare in size to other companies? The pricing seems a little odd. Some things are quite cheap, others expensive.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:42:47 AM by andys »

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
Re: New 10mm manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 07:06:01 AM »
Nothing wrong with them from the pictures posted. Pack sizes are a little odd as many sold as six or nine models which might account for pricing differences.

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 04:32:04 PM »
Wide range available, which is nice.  But, yes, odd in terms of the multiples that you'd have to buy to make up a unit.
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline andys

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »
Yes, typically it looks like you need to buy a command group and 3 sets of infantry to make up an infantry unit. Overall around £19 per unit.

For cavalry you need only 2 sets, both of which often seem to contain command figures, which is odd. 12 figures would also be around £19. Plus postage for both, whatever that might be from Switzerland. So not exactly cheap but there are some figures that aren't readily available elsewhere so you get what you pay for I guess.

The artillery is single pieces, (£3.50-£4.50 or so), so you can buy one or two as needed, which is helpful.

Perhaps most tempting are the goblin spider riders, no one else does those that I'm aware of, £4.50-ish for 6.

The dark elf range looks tasty as well.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »
Dark elves look a little bit small to me. Too massive.

In the other hand, sculpting job seem excellent about characters details.

Maybe it's possible to ask for precise order ?

Offline andys

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 03:48:01 PM »
The Empire war wagon would make an interesting proxy for the steam tank or even a Kislev war wagon.

Offline andys

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 07:50:13 PM »
The owner has kindly sent me a photo of one of the goblin spider riders on a 40x20mm base. I doubt there would be room to get 4 of them on the base and 3 might be a squeeze. So the 6 figures in the pack should be enough to make a single unit. Might need some lichen or similar to fill the base up if it looks slightly empty, but that's not really a problem.

4.40 Swiss Francs per pack and a standard shipping charge of 12 SwFr means the 4 units I've just bought work out at £6.06 per unit. Which I think is pretty good value. Time will tell if there's import duty to pay...

Just one slight problem - I've a mountain of figures to paint and these just add to it!  ;D ;D

Edit: just checked, I've got 8590 points worth of figures to paint. Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:09:42 PM by andys »

Offline andys

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
4 packs (24 figures in total) of Goblin Spider Riders arrived in the post this morning. Whilst it might just be possible to squeeze 3 figures onto a 40x20mm base, it would be very tight. Frankly 2 per base is, I think, adequate.

Good quality sculpts, top buy. Anyone looking to expand their O&G army would be well served by getting some of these.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:49:28 AM by andys »