October 02, 2024, 07:19:30 AM

Author Topic: It's all gone quiet!  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
It's all gone quiet!
« on: May 15, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
Hey all!

Sorry I've not posted as often as I used to - moved to a new area and didn't have much in the way of Warmaster to speak of.

HOWEVER - I just tried out a couple of new clubs that were a bit further away than before, in Newcastle in north east England - and met some folks who either have some old armies mothballed somewhere, or who really want to give it a try as a game!

I am going to give someone a trial game tonight and I'm really hoping that seeing the game being played will make someone else want to dig out their models and revive it.

has anyone else managed to get a game, lately?
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Aquahog

Re: It's all gone quiet!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:06:50 PM »
Four, as a matter of fact. We had a tournament in the east of Sweden last weekend so three of us Westerners went over to whip the locals up to shape. ;)

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »
I play more or less once a month. Manage to form players to WM in the late 2017 and they kept playing.

And i'm happy of it :)

I try to publish a Battle Report each time on our french forum, but i don't know if they are readen...

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:11 PM »
Ah, battle reports are usually read, but greeted with silence, which is sad!

I sometimes look at the Epic and Warmaster .fr forums using Google Translate and see what's going on, there. =P

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:46:34 PM »
I'm interested about a feedback from someone reading a battle report with google transalte. Are they readable ?

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 01:08:05 AM »
@Marell: Google translate is normally good enough to get the gist of everything I read on the French forums.  Occasionally a bit of slang throws me off, though.

Here's a pic a friend took of me teaching Warmaster for the first time in ages!

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »
I had three new guys wanting to play these time. One bought two armies after that.

If you want my opinion, people want to play again a medieval game, but they don't like AoS. So they turn on WM easily if they have the occasion.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:58 PM »
Well, one fellow I made friends with asked if I had spares, thankfully I had 10 blisters of High Elves.  Not a full army but enough to be going on with.  I sold him those and now another chap is asking about Empire models!

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 04:23:54 PM »
Must admit I don't play Warmaster anymore. Me and my friends play our own fantasy 'home brew' rules using our Warmaster collections but have re-based everything onto 40mm by 40mm square bases. I still drop in here from time to time to see 'what's happening' in the community though.

Best wishes

Dave

Offline Joken

• Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
Keeping the flame alive in Milton Keynes.

I get to play about 4 times a year.  My Warmaster army is an expanded BoFA good force which usually ends up playing against high elves.

But....... next year another guy has BoFA (it’s been lost in his loft for a few years) and its being prepared for action.

As I say, keeping the flame alive. Also my armies cross over into Pendraken’s Warband Rules which are a great ‘Pickup game’ set of rules and the conversion is easy the Warmaster stands are placed within a wider 10cm base.

Joken
No easy dice roll too difficult