September 05, 2024, 06:10:54 PM

Author Topic: Bases. And how to get them.  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Lotus

• Loc: germany
Bases. And how to get them.
« on: February 06, 2017, 12:44:51 PM »
I am searching for affordable 30mm bases for my ships (i am rebuilding the ships in my old ship-graveyard). Until now, i am only able to find expensive ones...and i am running out of ideas where to look. I even tried buttons. The bases don't even need a stand.

There must be a source somewhere, and i am sure someone knows where.

Offline Aquahog

Re: Bases. And how to get them.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:46:55 PM »
Shoot me a pm. I've got tons of them since I use CorSec bases instead. Or use CorSec yourself. :)

Offline Hobodabobo

• Loc: Battle Creek, MI
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:21:16 AM »
Thanks for that link to aliexpress. I was in need of bases pretty soon and was dreading paying ebay Bitz stores an arm and a leg for what I was looking for. $16 usd will do just fine.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 01:46:41 PM »
not that I'm suggesting this as you should find your best deal and I've had great results with AliExpress but you know GW still makes flying bases and sells them, ya? There's no need for ebay markups as they're not OOP in any stretch of the imagination.
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline Bozeman

• Loc: Lansing, MI
    • Four Strands Hobby
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
Last time I was in a GW store flying bases were in a mixed bag of small and large ones.  I found the ebay markups to not be very onerous.  Ali might be cheaper, but ebay is faster, and if the difference in price isn't too much, you'd basically be paying for faster delivery.