September 06, 2024, 06:25:09 AM

Author Topic: 1500pt Bakka  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
1500pt Bakka
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:50:00 PM »
Hello chaps. Just wanted your opinion on this fleet. It's more of a fluffy fleet list (it's meant to be from an asteroid heavy system) but if there are any glaring weaknesses let me know.

Fleet Admiral with an additional ReRoll [75]

Vanquisher Battleship, Power Ram [305]

Exorcist Grand Cruiser, Sensor suit and Assault boats [285]

5 Swords

Squadron 1 [330]
2x Endurance
1x Endeavor

Squadron 2 [330]
2x Endurance
1x Endeavor

Not sure if I should ditch the Vanquisher for a Vengeance grand cruiser instead. I'm just worried about the Vanquishers mobility once the bullets start flying. I'm also tempted to swap out the exorcist for the aSC annihilator. I'm just concerned that the annihilator won't be adding anything to the game if I fluff a reload order (which I am prone to doing)

Offline Bozeman

• Loc: Lansing, MI
    • Four Strands Hobby
Re: 1500pt Bakka
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 11:20:45 PM »
I like it.  It's a bit lance heavy so Space Marines and Necrons would crap themselves, but Eldar and Dark Eldar would laugh it off.  The Swords help.  I'd expand your fleet with some Dominators, Tyrants and Lunars, especially with Nova Cannons (magnetize them if you can!)  Play around with swapping out the heavy stuff for a couple of cruisers, especially for missions where more ships can be a benefit.  I like the squads of Voss pattern Light Cruisers, the combo lets you have a good mix of batteries and lances. 

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 08:56:25 AM »
D'oh, It's supposed to be 2x Endeavor and 1x Endurance in each squadron (I'll edit that). I'm also going to use the BFG:XR rules (if that makes a difference).

I like the little squadrons of light cruisers. A combined broadside WB of 18 and 2 lances isn't bad at all. I really like the 6+ Front armour the BFG:R changed as well. It makes them feel more of a light 'line cruiser' rather than a light cruiser who's bad at it's job.

Funnily enough, the next 500pt add on is either 2 Lunars and 4 Firestorms OR 1x Mars cruiser and 2x Dauntless (torps). So pretty much what you suggested.

The only thing that makes me pause when it comes to the Vanquisher is that it is unable to turn as soon as it takes a blast marker (which is going to be most of the time) and that really limits its usefulness. A simple swap would be the Vengeance and that also gives me some spare points for......... goodlies?

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 10:30:36 AM »
Gah, I forgot The Bakka fleet paid extra for the Light Cruisers due to the extra turret. So, this is what I think I'm settling for...

Vice Admiral [50]
Vanquisher Battleship [300]

Exorcist Grand Cruiser (Reserve) with Sensors and Assault Boats [285]

2x Endeavour & 1x Endurance [345]
2x Endeavour & 1x Endurance [345]

5x Swords [175]

Took me a while to decide between taking an additional reroll Vs sensors and Assault boats on the Exorcist. I think the Assault boats are worth more at the end of the day as I never seem to do much with Bombers :S

Offline Bozeman

• Loc: Lansing, MI
    • Four Strands Hobby
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 04:19:10 AM »
I like the 2 Endurance 1 Endeavor, it gives you 6 torpedoes, 4 batteries, and a bunch of batteries.  Switching it gives more batteries, but less lances, and I like the lance option.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »
Hmmm, it does mean ripping weapons off but I think you're right. If they all manage a broadside it's still WB12 and 4 Lances which is still pretty scary.

I don't think there is Eldar in my gaming group anyway but, in fairness, unless I'm really lucky a spd20 light cruiser with 30cm guns won't be catching many Eldar ships anyway.