September 28, 2024, 12:22:28 AM

Author Topic: Warmaster podcast - How to download old episodes (#s 1-22)?  (Read 1986 times)

Offline toadie

• Loc: uk
Warmaster podcast - How to download old episodes (#s 1-22)?
« on: December 03, 2016, 06:04:47 AM »
I would like to download episodes 1-22 so I can listen to them on my ipod but it seems I am unable to do this?

If I click the download button for an individual episode on podbean it downloads some 17.9kb file called for example "http%3A%2F%2Fwarmasterpodcast.podbean.com%2Fmf%2Fweb%2Fh9ra3w%2FEpisode1.mp3" which does not play.

If I subscribe to the podbeans feed or the itunes store it only goes back to episode 23...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:07:01 AM by toadie »

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
Re: Warmaster podcast - How to download old episodes (#s 1-22)?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »
Will investigate for you. I know they are there because I can still see them.

The episode list is split into three pages due to it's length.

pg3 is ep23 - ep42
pg2 is ep3 - ep22
pg1 is ep1 - ep2

You are seeing only pg1 I guess.

Individual episodes can be downloaded with Right Click "Save As" on the download link.

Offline mdivancic

• Loc: Cranston, RI
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »
On the web site for sure! I'm still trying to catch up with where they are today. Very good listen...

Regards,
Michael Ivancic

Offline toadie

• Loc: uk
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
Hi,

I was trying page 1, 2 and 3 in Chrome.  I thought they were there too as if you clicked the green play button for the episode, it would play them!

Just clicking the download link text in Chrome for me does not work and there is no "Save As" option.  I've now found that I can download the episodes in Chrome if I right click the link text and select either open in a new tab or window, it takes me to another podbean page where I have click the big green download button and I can then download the file! 

In IE, I can download the file by any method.

So while the feed xml file does not contain episodes, I can at least now manually download the early episodes individually and add them to my ipod :)