October 06, 2024, 03:16:15 PM

Author Topic: (BFG) Da Squig Pak  (Read 58725 times)

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
Re: (BFG) Da Squig Pak
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2016, 08:01:05 PM »
Oh, an in all of me excitement I'z forgot to say thanks Osjclatchford fer da kind words.  Me problem is in the details.  I get stuck.  Me reckoning I'z been ammering away fer a few years on dis ere project (Afta all of dem Squig Hounds as been trained n fed n wot ave you) so as I always say time iz short fer me projects.  I'z really needs ta knuckle down an throw some paint on wun.  Dat way dare Iz can make sure Iz not wasting me time or gotz a big problem wif me designs.  Oh well, dat's me grot brain fer ya!  An Boss Le Flu.  A tongue? Wot ya trying ta do getz a git flogged?  If n I'z built a big tongue den Da Boss would be all a holler-in an swinging den dem Weird Boyz would be all a gathering and chanting an painting dare grots funny colors.  Day would say Iz warp tainted an cast me in ta da big empty.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I'z plan on being around fer as long as I can be an a big tongue on wun of Da Bosses ships would makes dat real hard ta do!   

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
and lotz a name calling

HUhuhu...

As always, i love your work, my dear ancestral ennemy.

The prew is just great. Massive form, like a hammer or something like that. Jaws, of course... The big pack of missiles is just great. It looks like a face with a big patch on one eye. Pirate look, etc. I like it very much.

Could you tell me how you curve your gaz pipes ? I have the same type it seem (Evergreen) and i tried to ploy them with hot (but not boiling) water but they broke. I would appreciate your feedback on this.

You will need to come to painting one day or the other, lad... But i guess everything will went well. Such ships can't be bad at last.

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2016, 04:25:42 AM »
Ahhhhh Mek Le Fou!  I use a mini heat gun.  You can find them on amazon, about 20.00 US.  I hold the plastic card pipe (solid pipe) with a pair of pliers.  Slowly I heat it up until it becomes soft and pliable, then bend to shape.  When it cools off it tends to hold the shape well.  Sometimes I get weird crimps, but over all I think it works pretty good.  I'd be curious if any of the other Meks on dis ere forum ave a better way.  If so I'z all ears!  I'm glad you like the prow and Torps.  I was skeptical when building them, but really happy with how they came out.  Another huge thank you to Brother Blind for turning me on to and helping me to cast my dreams into reality.  Yes, paint..........  Soon, soon I tells me self!

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2016, 07:08:38 AM »
Apologies if some one has already suggested this. I haven't read all the replies here as interest and comments run a full 13 pages, and rightly so.
Lovely stuff. You make this look like great fun and I want to have a go.

Early on you mentioned green stuff not quite doing what you wanted it to sometimes. Try Pro create (grey/gray stuff). I think it'd be perfect for some of the bits here. It's firmer and less prone to warping. I've always used it to make armour as it holds an edge better. It's harder to blend the bits together but it's the tool for the job.

Keep cranking them out.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2016, 10:31:04 PM »
An idea came, seeing again your wonderfull models, my dear ork.

Why not add a cigare ? Yeas, a big gun starting on one side of the mouths, between two teeth ? You surely see what i mean.

Stupid but fun... Or not. ;)

Offline Chios

« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2016, 11:43:15 AM »
"Me luvs when a plan comez togevva!" ^^

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2016, 05:09:07 PM »
Thanks fer da kind words Industrial. Da Pro Create?  I'll gives it a try!  I'z loves da hot tips.  Speaking of hot tips....  Ummmmmm Boss Le Fou yer a silly Git no wonders yer people is on da decline.  Dat's ok den cause we'z likes move-in ta yer holds (day all cozzey likes).  Tells ya wotz, I'z gonna build ya dat big cigar com-in out of Valaya's money maker juz fer yous! 

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2016, 12:28:07 AM »
Maybe it will works awfully, or too funny, but it could be worth trying. And if ever it end up as a bad idea, the big gun will still be usable somewhere else, anyway ;)