September 08, 2024, 06:18:21 AM

Author Topic: Vassal Modding?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline ErikModi

• Loc: Minnesota
Vassal Modding?
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:33:34 AM »
So, I have some questions on modifying the Vassal plugin for BFG, if anyone knows more about it than me.

I updated/added a bunch of ships from the excellent BFGXR thread, but every ship I've added/modified starts off with no values in the tick boxes for things like hits and attack craft.  How do you change that so they have their starting hits and loads?

With the rules revision for three-wide torpedoes and a die to denote their strength, I'd rather add a "strength box" to Torpedo salvoes, to spare a bunch of moving fake dice around the table, like the boxes on the Attack Craft Wave piece.  But I've no idea how to actually do that.  Anyone have suggestions?

Offline Xca|iber

• *Transcribing Intensifies*
Re: Vassal Modding?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:45:30 PM »
This is really cool and it would be so awesome ;) if someone made an updated Vassal module for BFG:XR! As to your question though, I don't know much about it - you'd probably be able to get an answer from their developer forum, however.
++Ask Not, Fear Not++
-------------------------
BFG:XR - The Battlefleet Gothic Expanded Revised Rules Project

Offline ErikModi

• Loc: Minnesota
Re: Vassal Modding?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
I'll try there, thanks.

So far, I've done the easy stuff. . . copy/pasting pieces of one ship to another for new classes (like gun decks from a Desolator onto Despoiler to make a Relictor) and setting up the stat sheets, which isn't hard (aside from the issue of none of the tick/stats being filled in).  No idea how to go about making new sprites, though, for things like AdMech ships.