September 11, 2024, 04:35:11 AM

Author Topic: A short introduction and a small request.  (Read 1725 times)

Offline MetalCoreKnight

• Loc: Canada
A short introduction and a small request.
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Hey everyone, just a quick introduction, I've been interested in 40k and it's associated games for awhile now but it's only been in the last year or so that things have really ramped up for me, got a mostly painted 1500pt NEcron army and just order a bunch of models for a Pre-Heresy Death Guard army but it's always been the games like Epic and BFG that have help the most intrigue, mostly because I never had the chance or people to even try playing them with and now we're at the point where playing those games can be an uphill battle when you're starting with nothing! Luckily I've been developing some skills that will be quite helpful to this end but there are some complications, thus the request.

I don't have any knowledge of the real world models for things like the Gladius, Hunter, Lancer and the Battle Barge.

So what do I need?

• Model lengths in millimeters to ensure I get the scaling right.
  • Pictures of the listen ships directly from the side and top in particular along with pictures of the rear and bottom of the ships.

In particular at the moment the most important bit on info I need is the length in mm of the Space Marine Gladius.

If anyone can give me a hand with these I'd greatly appreciate it!

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
Re: A short introduction and a small request.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:43 PM »
Lengths of the BFG Space Marine models in mm.

Space Marines
Hunter 26.83mm
Gladius 40.5mm
Nova 39.55mm

Strike Cruiser 67.38mm

Battle Barge 128.15mm

Tim
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:49:14 PM by timdp »

Offline MetalCoreKnight

• Loc: Canada
Re: A short introduction and a small request.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:39 AM »
Thanks Tim, I had just finished my Hunter Model but it's 10mm too long so I gotta go back and tweak it! xD At least the Nova is about the same size as the Gladius so that should be too but but damn the Barge is big! xD