July 27, 2024, 12:41:52 PM

Author Topic: Battlefleet Armageddon 1500pts  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Zarathustra Sucuine

Battlefleet Armageddon 1500pts
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »
Fleet Admiral
Imperial Truth: Apocalypse class battleship
Minotaur: Lunar class cruiser with Nova cannon
Shinso Gothic class cruiser
Lord Balendil Tyrant class cruiser
Isildorn's Glory Dictator class cruiser
Xavier's Hammer Space marine strike cruiser
Beta "the hounds" Sqoudron: 3 Falcion frigates
Leaves me with 100pts, not sure what to use it for, if I could convert a model for it, I could drop something and take an Endeavour light cruiser. An idea is to take an extra 2 falcions, but that still leaves me with 30pts, so possibly use them to take another nova cannon and weapon battery upgrade on the Tyrant?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:12:49 PM by Zarathustra Sucuine »

Re: Battlefleet Armageddon 1500pts
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:08:25 PM »
Could it be an idea to swap the Tyrant for a lunar and take then use the 105pts on three more falcions?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 01:36:46 AM »
How do you use your single Lunar now? They work best in pairs (or more) so adding another would work well.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »
I must admit it has been mainly smaller games I have had, mainly cruiser clash where I took an upgraded Tyrant, gothic and lunar and seemed to do fairly well, I mainly had the lunar Support the other two, either stripping the shields of enemy cruisers so the Gothic could fully use it's lances, or supporting fire onto a cruiser the Tyrant had already stripped the shields away.
In this list it is mainly to bring an extra nova cannon and lances, as I admit after my first time actually using one I had good luck with and so I want to try and get a few more into my usual lists.
The main problem I can see for a second lunar is the first would not be able to work with it due to staying back to use it's nova cannon.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
You can still use your torpedoes to try and force the enemy to veer around your Lunars instead of just coming straight in on them.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »
Just realise the above fleet leaves me with only 50pts to spend :/ Not sure really what to do, I'm thinking ally in a cobra and give the tyrant a nova cannon, or swap the tyrant for a lunar and then take a cobra and re roll on the fleet admiral, or maybe take a firestorm and upgrade the tyrant's gunnery.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »
The re-roll is a must. :)

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »
How many rerolls would you say were needed? Could it be an idea to take the reroll and swap out the tyrant to fit in the allied cobra, or would it be better to keep it and just get the extra reroll and give it a nova cannon?