July 26, 2024, 01:18:59 PM

Author Topic: How to use the repulsive grand cruiser?  (Read 2132 times)

Offline AdmiralQuarren

• Lurker
How to use the repulsive grand cruiser?
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
Hi guys I've recently acquired a repulsive and whilst I love the model I'm a bit clueless on how to use it. I was thinking combining it with slaughters for an in your face fleet but the it just seems too slow; alternatively I could add it to a standard fleet of carnages and acherons but I feel I'd be wasting the torpedoes and the strong broadsides. Any help or tactics  for using the repulsive would be greatly appreciated.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: How to use the repulsive grand cruiser?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:22 PM »
Pairing the fastest with the slowest ship in the Chaos fleet is kind of tricky.

The Repulsive does go well with a broadside fleet (Carnages, Devestatations, Acherons, Desolators). The torpedo will just be an incidental weapon for the one of shot when uses as torpedoes. With Chaos you can launch boarding torpedoes. These can make a 45* turn every turn. :)

You just need to fly the 25cm ships a little slower.

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
A good point I hadn't considered. Makes torpedo boats even more nasty!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:03:08 PM by Seahawk »

Offline unseelied

• Loc: Levittown, PA 19057 USA
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »
Another thing you can try is to put it in front of your line astern fleet off to the side closer to the enemy.  As the game progresses it will start to fall behind the lead ship but it will still stay next to your fleet.  Basicly a second line of its own that travels next to your main line.  It can add a little defence with its extra shield and hits and if the opportunity arises can shoot torps unhindered as its not part of the line so no one is directly in front of it.