July 06, 2024, 01:20:48 PM

Author Topic: Blackstone Fortress capture scenario  (Read 2591 times)

Offline alansa

• Lurker
Blackstone Fortress capture scenario
« on: August 31, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a scenario, out there somewhere, that describes the capture of imperium controlled blackstones by chaos fleets, which includes the shutting down of the blackstone's weapons as desdcribed in the fluff?

Offline Stubber

• Lurker
Re: Blackstone Fortress capture scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »
You could probably just use a blackstone fortress as it is only without any shields, weapons, launch bays or turrets.
Then attempt to wipe out it's defenders using boarding actions but don't apply any critical hits that normally would occur in a boarding action. Once it's reduced to 0 hits it counts as captured.

Offline alansa

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:43 PM »
Well I was kind of looking for something where the blackstone is up and running and then whooop! all the power goes.

I myself was thinking of something along the lines of the chaos Warmaster's ship rolling each turn it's within 60cm of the fortress for 12 on 2d6; Or 6 on 1d6 if his ship is within 15cm.  Or perhaps by performing a winning boarding action against it.

Additionally the chaos player could capture it by hulking. The fortress would not have catastrophic damage applied to it.

Naturally, however the fortress is brought down, the battle must be won for it it be captured.

It's a nice suggestion but I don't think that actually performing additional boarding actions to clear out the imperium defenders is necessary, since these can be cleared up at leisure by the chaos forces once the battle is over.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:14:34 PM by alansa »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:41:26 AM »
Isn't the fluff that the combined BF's fire and a Lunar(?) flies into the beam sacrificing itself?

Oh wait.... you have it the other way...

Chaos had an artifact to control the BF's. Move Abaddon within 30cm to win?

Offline alansa

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
yeah, the artifacts that enable abaddon to shut down the power on the fortress

move within 30cm is tempting but I was wondering if that's possibly a bit easy. Hence my dice rolls or a boarding action. Much slimmer chances than the fluff would indicate (where abaddon had an easy time of it) but I want to give the blackstone a good innings.

See, I'm playing in a campaign. If the sub-sector's blackstone is present in a battle where chaos is attacking, then the chaos player gets the opportunity to nab it. Until he does so, he can't use a blackstone in an Exterminatus! scenario. (Other blackstones are in engaged elsewhere)

If he does succeed then the blackstone can no longer be used by imperium player.