July 29, 2024, 09:28:56 PM

Author Topic: Illinois supports BFG  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
Illinois supports BFG
« on: June 25, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
There's a relatively new store (18mo) in Villa Park called Tyton Games. I checked them out last weekend because they sell many older range models, including BFG and other SG. Talked to the owner, and he said that he's a huge BFG fan (and Necromunda and other SG as well) but has nobody to play with and such. Since they will soon be expanding their store front and having multiple 6'x4' tables soon, I was thinking of getting a group together, possibly monthly or so, for a good long day of BFG games.

To that end, would any other Northern Illinois players be interested? I mean, I know you are; I would love to get in more than 3 games a year! Just a matter of finding the who and making the when.

Offline Blindhorizon

Re: Illinois supports BFG
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:53 AM »
I wish i lived near you!! Does he sell old stock of these games in his stores?

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
He does have some SG items for sale; he said they also go up on ebay. Heck, he even had an original Spacefleet battleship that I was sorely tempted to nab for $20; I just didn't have the money on me. Mostly he sells old stuff at slightly above retail, but to be able to get it without getting sniped on ebay, that's probably worth it.

Otherwise, they also carry tons of 2nd-6th edition stuff for 40k, old stuff for WHFB.

Offline mdauben01

• Loc: Huntsville, AL
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
There's a relatively new store (18mo) in Villa Park called Tyton Games. I checked them out last weekend because they sell many older range models, including BFG and other SG. Talked to the owner, and he said that he's a huge BFG fan (and Necromunda and other SG as well) but has nobody to play with and such. Since they will soon be expanding their store front and having multiple 6'x4' tables soon, I was thinking of getting a group together, possibly monthly or so, for a good long day of BFG games.
Damn.  One of the first times since moving out of the Chicago area that I actually wish I was still there.  I don't really need more BFB ships, but I dearly need some opponents to play against.   :(