July 30, 2024, 09:14:31 PM

Author Topic: Adepticon Model Policy for 2014  (Read 5124 times)

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Adepticon Model Policy for 2014
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 01:09:12 AM »
You got it KILLFRENZY! KILLFRENZY! KILLFRENZY!, ahem sorry...

All ships with one or two shields and less than twelve hits 25mm. All ships with 3 or more shields and/or twelve or more hits 40mm.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline KILLFRENZY

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 03:26:20 AM »
Ahh, so a little drilling and pinning, and they can work on normal GW plastic bases then? :D Awesome!

Offline Wizz

• Loc: Denmark
    • Fragged!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »
All ships with one or two shields and less than twelve hits 25mm. All ships with 3 or more shields and/or twelve or more hits 40mm.

Sorry, but that's wrong.
Small GW flight stands are officially 30mm, more like 32mm in reality.
Big GW flight stands are 60mm.
//Wizz

Offline unseelied

• Loc: Levittown, PA 19057 USA
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 03:02:32 PM »
I've been running local BFG tourneys so I am interested in what people come up with for a good way to proxy.  Labels, although most likely not looking very nice, is all I can come up with unless its a very limited fleet selection.  When I run a necron fleet I normally use one battleship, three cruisers and one lite cruiser so large, medium small would be easy to keep track of for anyone.  If I am running an imperial fleet it will become a huge pain as every cruiser is different. 

Offline Armiger84

• Loc: Boston, MA
    • De Bellis Futuris
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
GW still sells flying stands in the supplies section.  Oddly enough, they FINALLY now sell the small bases with small flight stands (no, I'm totally NOT resentful for buying a big bagfull years ago that I've barely gone through...), although for some crazy reason they sell the large bases with the long flight stands.  Anyhow.

If you're looking for exact sizes:
Small Flying Base:  1.25" diameter
Large Flying Base:  6cm diameter

I'm pretty sure the large bases were done in metric, the smaller stands done in inches.  If you try measuring the smaller ones across their diameter in cm, you get a really ugly number, same goes for doing the larger ones in inches.  Yay for consistency!  Go figure.
My modelling blog:  http://armiger84.blogspot.com