August 10, 2024, 12:21:42 PM

Author Topic: Blast markers clarification  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Neferhet

• Loc: Florence
Blast markers clarification
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
In the first game I had, we run into an issue about Blast Markers. this is the case:
-my ship and an enemy ship are just 2 cm away. i shoot the enemy ship and cause some blast markers.
Those markers cannot possibly fit in between the two ships without touching mine.
What do i do? i place those markers around the enemy (not in the arc hit by my shots) avoiding my ship, OR do I place those markers as usual, even if they touch my base?
In syntesis: can I hit my bases with Blast Markers placed around a near enemy base? Or should I try to avoid this?
Thank you guys

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Blast markers clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
Draw an imaginary line between the stems of both ships and place the first blast marker touching the edge of the enemy ship along that line, fan out any additional blast markers to either side of the first. So far as I know theres no rule that allows you to modify where you place the blast marker unless there are two targets in base contact and even then I dont allow people to get beardy with it (if you cant draw los to the point where each ships base touches I call bs  ;))
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Neferhet

• Loc: Florence
Re: Blast markers clarification
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Well, thank you. Next time I'll be more cautios to such close quarter shooting!