August 01, 2024, 11:21:00 PM

Author Topic: BFG-R Tau list 1500 pts for review  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Markconz

• Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
BFG-R Tau list 1500 pts for review
« on: April 11, 2013, 03:48:32 AM »
Any thoughts on the following? Would it work? Thanks!

Kor'O
Aun'O
Explorer
Explorer
2 Hero
2 Hero
3 Orca
3 Orca
1485 pts

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: BFG-R Tau list 1500 pts for review
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:36:37 AM »
BFG:R rules I assume?
(Under official rules you may only have 1 Hero per other Capital ship).

In a background sense a bland fleet but playwise a strong fleet.

Offline Markconz

• Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 06:34:30 AM »
Cheers, yes the BFG-R rules as I assume BFG-R is a community effort that will be more balanced etc, same as the community Epic Armageddon project?

Also just to put in context, I'm a newbie to BFG. I've only played one game of BFG using my orks (which was fun), and trying to get an idea about fleets from more experienced players before I shell out cash for the models.

You say the list is bland but strong playwise? How might I make it less bland while sticking with the SG rather than FW models?  And also I don't want something that is considered overpowered or not fun for opponents if there is that in BFG. Once again, thanks for any advice.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:15:17 AM »
Hi,
Actually swap two hero for one more explorer + defenders + orca"s and your list is almost alike the tau adepticon winner of few years ago.

Keep in mind that bfg:r is and will most likely always be unofficial, but yes its attempt is to get points cost more balanced across the board.

Spicing the list with gw models is like including merchants (under bfg:r well made), a messenger. Perhaps even a demiurg stronghold.
With tau you have many options (heck, even rogue traders are a cool addition) it is hard to say what is best and keep a nice themed fleet.

I think selecting models you would like to paint should be factored in somewhat to.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 02:28:43 PM »
Tau have a ton of options available thru allies but if your looking to stick to a pure SG Tau fleet then a Merchant and some Defenders will go a long way to making it "less bland". From what I've seen so far Defenders are quite beastly in bfgr now.   
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.