July 31, 2024, 01:20:31 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R Orks  (Read 46376 times)

Offline Blindhorizon

Re: BFG:R Orks
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2014, 06:54:45 AM »
I looked through all the other fleet lists and noticed it was not uncommon to have the ability to upgrade turrets on other ships, so scratch my last. Orks look pretty cool!

Blind-

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2014, 07:39:33 AM »
With the ork terror ship it says "Terror ships may reduce their port and starboard guns to Strength 2 to add Soopa Engines at no cost. But i can't seem to find what soopa engines do, any help with this?

Thanks,
Blind-

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2014, 06:17:50 AM »
Bump

Anyone know about this soopa engines?

Thanks,
Blind-

Offline Khar

• Loc: Frozen Wastes of Poland
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
I'm alive! ;)

First, a comment on turrets - sadly, 'less but better' won't work. Whole goal of giving orks many bad turrets was to make them slightly better against bomber runs (that they were terrible against) while not impacting their torpedo resistance much.

Actually, when we take Ramships flying in close formation (giving one additional turret to each other), 1 base turret hitting on 4+ is effectively better than 2 hitting on 5 - they lend each other only 1 turret anyway.

As for soopa engines - is supposed to be soopa boostas, same as many other ships. I thought I corrected it already...

I have the finished updated version lying around somewhere (typos mostly, nothing major), i'll try to upload it here soon.

Glad people are actually using those ;)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2014, 03:29:47 AM »
Hey Khar, when you find it, could you want it my way so it can be added to the other BFG:R files?

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2014, 05:29:42 AM »
So ork turrets hit on a 4+ correct?

Offline Daemon_Primarch_Lorgar

• Loc: Stockholm
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2014, 05:15:20 PM »
@Blindhorizon: If I'm not mistaken, Ork turrets hit on a 5+. So they have more turrets (thus making them better against bomber runs as the bombers get a greater negative modifier vs more turets) but their turrets are worse then other armies (only hitting on 5+ instead of 4+) thus balancing out their effectiveness against torpedoes :).

@Khar: In my gaming group we're all using your latest pdf upload for our ork fleets, so your work is very appreciated! I actually started collecting my ork fleet after I read through the pdf and have made my 1500pts fleet list with the latest updates in mind. I really enjoy the new rules! Although I don't feel experienced enough to suggest any changes. We're all new players in our group, but my orks haven't lost a battle yet (though the games have been close!) so the balance seams to be fairly good! A Big Mek repairing HP:s is extremely nasty!

Offline Duskland

• Loc: Virginia, USA
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2014, 04:44:10 PM »
I ran a game at Gencon using your Ork list vs. the BFGR Tyranids.  It was an interesting matchup because both sides wanted in close.  Only one of the five players had ever played BFG before, so there was a lot of rules teaching to start with, but the players seemed to get a handle on things fairly quickly.  The one strange thing was that none of the ork players ever tried to reload ordinance.  Combined with poor raming results the orks were devoured fairly quickly.  Tyranid claws are much nastier then I thought they'd be.

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2014, 06:50:44 PM »
Is there a final write up done on BFG:R Orks?  ME boyz is a get in restless an a chomp in at da bits.  Good stuff  thanks fer yer work!