September 12, 2024, 10:18:45 AM

Poll

Should the rules listed in the first post be adopted into BFG:R?

Yes, make it official.
6 (85.7%)
No, needs more work.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 05, 2013, 12:40:58 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R Vote 32: Marks of Chaos  (Read 5277 times)

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
Re: BFG:R Vote 32: Marks of Chaos
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »
Which reroll option though? The reroll the crit result seems really weak for 15 points especially with no H&R reroll. Rerolling crit attempts makes more sense.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:10:54 PM by afterimagedan »

Offline Talos

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 02:19:41 PM »
We could do a multiple choice vote like we did for point values, with the options down for everyone to see:

-Option #1: Re-roll all critical chart results if desired, must keep the second result. This includes hit and run results.

-Option #2: Re-roll all critical chart results if desired, must keep the second result. This does not includes hit and run results.

-Option #3: You may re-roll any dice to test for critical damage inflicted by or on this vessel. The results of the second roll stand.

-Hyptothetical Option #4: Whatever else you guys can think of. Maybe It could be a couple of lance hits, similar to the warp beast daemon ship option from Powers of Chaos pdf. Or maybe once a game you can swap the position of a ship with the mark of tzeench with another one. Might be more than 15pts for that, however....maybe they can only swap with other tzeench vessels? Just some thoughts

So how about it? Sound reasonable? (The first three anyway :D)

Offline Brethren

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:18 PM »
One of my first thoughts:

Similar to the Eldar Seer Council the Mark of Tzeentch could provide a "one-time BFI" after damage has been rolled. Just don't know if restricting it to one ship would justify 15pts. (The Seer Council lists as 50pts)

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 12:21:16 AM »
Idk, I kinda like having one auto pass leadership test.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 03:32:39 AM »
I am not a big fan of auto-passing things.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 03:46:03 AM »
I am not a big fan of auto-passing things.

Agreed. I like the idea of the Seer Counsel type thing but 50pts for that seems a bit steep.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 03:08:28 PM »
I see what you did there...now Sig is grabbing all the credit and I get cut out entirely! Sons of b**ches! >:( :o

He, just playing' ;D ;)

Let's just do it, straight up! Implement in the vote/make a new vote and we can close this right away.

Eh? Weren't you saying to re-roll the result of the crit (as it is now) but to exclude H&R attacks? So, say someone does hull damage to you, rolls a crit and then rolls an 8 result, for example. You could make them re-roll that. I was saying that they would be forced to re-roll the dice that caused a crit. So say you're hit by 3 bombardment cannon shots, 2 of which crit. Those 2 get re-rolled, needing to crit on a 4+ as usual. Any crits would then be rolled normally (no re-roll)