August 09, 2024, 08:19:20 AM

Author Topic: Victory points for hulks  (Read 1689 times)

Offline mr_Berg

• Lurker
    • Loc: Denmark
Victory points for hulks
« on: October 28, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
Hey,

Just started playing Battlefleet and I have a quick question about victory points for hulks. When do you gain these for hulks?

Reading the Rulebook on page 66 its quite clear that you gain 50% for each hulk if your fleet is holding the field. But in the FAQ2010 it says in the first paragraph on page 15 that you only gain the additional victory points if the hulk is still on the board (obviously) and if the winning side holds the field.

Does that mean that you calculate victory points for crippled/destroyed/disengaged ships and then, if the winning side holds the field, it gains additional victory points.

OR

Is the winning in the sentence a mistake and the additional victory points goes to whatever fleet holds the field?

Cheers

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Victory points for hulks
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
Whoever controls the field gets the extra vp. Im not sure why they worded the FAQ that way. It sounds like they were addressing a problem with people trying to count hulks that had drifted out of the playing area maybe?
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline mr_Berg

• Lurker
    • Loc: Denmark
Re: Victory points for hulks
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the answer. It was what I thought, makes the most sense but the wording in FAQ is a bit weird.

Cheers