August 08, 2024, 01:14:09 PM

Author Topic: Turning Attack Craft Waves  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Red_Starrise

• Lurker
Turning Attack Craft Waves
« on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:44 AM »
Hi, very new to BFG, not to gaming or 40k (about 18 years), one of my regular gaming comrades & I just started BFG & in our second game, he brought up a question that I've been unable to find an answer to for sure.

He wanted to to know how to measure turning for a wave of attack craft. Does it pivot about the center point or does it wheel on one corner (within its maximum movement distance of course)?

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
Re: Turning Attack Craft Waves
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:31 AM »
I hate answering rules questions, as it usually turns out that I am wrong and its a simple questions and I look dumb... but here I go... You don't turn the attack craft. You measure their movement in any direction and they have no facing, unlike regular ships.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
My rules interpretation is the same but I also hesitated as I can see situations like going between blast markers or bases that might muddle things up.

I have always supported the idea that AC markers should stack, and with models the number of models on the 2x2 cm base, to represent an AC wave

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
Ya these are awkard, I tend to agree with fracas but unfortunately the rules state they must be in a block. With this in mind I would say to pivot from the furthest most point in the same fashion as the old torpedo rules.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.