September 14, 2024, 12:15:24 PM

Author Topic: Custom Ark Mechanicus, WIP  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
Custom Ark Mechanicus, WIP
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:34:18 PM »
So I just saw that Spartan Games has released a new set of minatures this week and saw this beast:
http://spartangames.co.uk/shop/image/cache/data/Firestorm:%20Armada/Dindrenzi%20Federation/fadf09-retribution-dreadnought-650x650.jpg

Just ordered one and going to use it as the starting point for a custom ark mechanicus (of course with the appropriate modifications to "goth-ify" it  ;D). I'll be posting updates here as the project proceeds and I'd love to get any ideas from the community as well!
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Custom Ark Mechanicus, WIP
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:02 PM »
Sounds cool, you might try posting in modeling and painting too.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »
OK so I'm throwing out a call for help here. I'm really having a devil of a time finding anything Ad Mech in scale to be able to add to this guy. Seems like bitz are a bit thin around. Most of the nice work I've seen is people casting their own but let's get real here, my abilities do not come close enough to manage that. Anyone have any leads?
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline Lordhat

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 07:06:28 PM »
OK so I'm throwing out a call for help here. I'm really having a devil of a time finding anything Ad Mech in scale to be able to add to this guy. Seems like bitz are a bit thin around. Most of the nice work I've seen is people casting their own but let's get real here, my abilities do not come close enough to manage that. Anyone have any leads?

Perhaps find a cheap mechanical watch or two and busting it up for gears and whatnot?