October 28, 2024, 01:10:46 PM

Author Topic: Conclave down?  (Read 5050 times)

Offline squattingmouse

• Lurker
Conclave down?
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:37:41 PM »
keep getting 404 errors.  Has it died or something?
"If at first you don't succeed then next time hit it with something bigger"

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
Re: Conclave down?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »

Lifted from Warseer:

Dear Conclave Members,

As you will have noticed, the Conclave disappeared at some point late yesterday afternoon. I have been contacted by the hosting company. I’m afraid that I have what appears to be some bad news…

As far as the hosting company are aware, it would appear that the server the hosting company uses has been hacked by a malicious individual who was looking to discredit one of the clients of the server hosting company by destroying as much of their data as possible. In the process, this hacker has done huge damage to all of the data stored by the server company – not just to the intended client.

As far has I’m informed by our hosting company, the server is now back online, and the hosting company is in the process of attempting to restore all of the sites they manage, including the Conclave. However, the disastrous news is that it would appear that all the data has been lost. There is a strong chance that all of the content on The Conclave will have been erased. I can’t promise anything one way or another at the moment.

What I can say is that I’m promised by the hosting company that no personal details have been stolen (including the details that pay for the Conclave!), so you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

This also appears to have hit Dark Magenta, so we may have quite a bit of re-building to do here. However, I am determined that we will not suffer the same fate as poor old Exterminatus.net, and we will eventually get on our feet once more.

Thank you for bearing with us during this time, and I’ll try to keep everyone updated as and when I hear more.

Regards,

Derek.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline Kaled

• `Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...
    • The Inquisitorial Archive
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
The Conclave is now back up and running (although some tinkering is still going on);
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

The Inquisitorial Gallery

Offline Dvil

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 08:17:26 PM »
Wow, I'll finally get to see what it's like! Tally-ho!