September 12, 2024, 08:18:39 PM

Author Topic: Imperial/Space Marines in same fleet  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Pembo

• Pembo's Battlefleet Gothic
Imperial/Space Marines in same fleet
« on: October 27, 2011, 10:33:03 AM »

My fleet has quite a few dauntless light cruisers (4) but i'm thinking about including a strike cruiser or possibly even a battle barge in my fleet.
Now i've been having a look through fleet lists, but it seems to me that there's no way I can include a strike cruiser in a fleet with dauntless', The only fleet list I can see that allows Imperial and Space Marine ships together is the Armageddon Sector fleet list, which doesnt allow Dauntless' :(

Any Ideas?

Pembo

Offline Koshi

Re: Imperial/Space Marines in same fleet
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »
Well, there is a mark in armada, and in blue book too, about breaking the rules. "Officially" there ist only the segmentum solar-fleet, where you kann field marines and IN.

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »
pg 59 of the 2010 compendium lists varients of the strike cruiser. one is clearly a torp dauntless and the fluff even states that the dauntless  (and all light cruisers) are based off of the strike cruisers. coupled with the face that the page 157 of the BBB says the dauntless can be used to represent strike cruisers I dont see what the problem is.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline Pembo

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:13:06 AM »
I don't want to use my Dauntless' as Strike Cruisers, I want to include Strike Cruisers as well as Dauntless' in my fleet.

Offline Sigoroth

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
You can take Dauntlesses as reserves in the Armageddon list.

Offline Phthisis

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
We just broke the rules and allowed a bit of mixing between the fleet lists as long as they were of the same race.  It did not break the game nor have we been raided by GW Rule Police.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »
I think breaking isn't necassary within the IN due all options and reserve possibilities.

Offline Phthisis

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
We didn't use reserves or allies.  We just opened up the fleet list.  Hell, we allowed IN ships to buy Space Marines as an upgrade to represent the Space Wolves.  There wasn't a problem with game balance.

Offline Pembo

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Well the only way I can see of doing it is by using an Armageddon fleet list and taking dauntless' as reserves, but thhen i'd need a pretty big fleet in order to take my 4 dauntless'  :(

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 01:00:32 AM »
What I ment was that you can take your Dauntlesses as Dauntlesses in a space marine fleet. They count as a strike cruiser, according to the BBB unless theres been a rule change on this matter I missed. Yes its a backward way of reading the rules, but technically legal. For 35pts tho I'd rather have 6+ armor, another shield, and bombardment cannons  ;D.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.