October 28, 2024, 11:13:17 PM

Author Topic: [WM] High Elf Army  (Read 1929 times)

Offline MiniPatton

[WM] High Elf Army
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »
So, I dusted off my paints/brushes after over 4 months of not doing anything wargaming related due to real life stuff.  In the last week I managed to get a start on my High Elf Warmaster Army.  I have been working on these off and on over the last few days.

First up is the General:

This is my first unit of bowmen:

This is my first unit of spearmen:

I don't think they look too bad, considering the rust on me.  My hands seem to be a little shakier than they used to be for one - had a nasty viral infection that affected my nervous system.  I think the spearmen is my least favorite of the three things I painted - just don't think they turned out as well.  Working on my second spearmen unit and my unit of Silver Helms.  Next up would be the second unit of archers and the two bolt throwers.

Further along the pipeline, I have a Hero on Eagle and a third spearmen unit for now.  I also have two new blisters of bolt throwers, not sure if I am going to paint these up or trade/sell them off as I have a few more inbound already.  Well, hope to post more photos soon, hopefully you all enjoyed seeing these.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Re: [WM] High Elf Army
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
The general seems great!  I like the magenta colour choice for the elves. Looking foreward to see more painted units.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
Nice work.
I would try a wash on the mail to accentuate the shading and have another go at the banner and shields.
I hate doing banners and HE spearmen shields can be daunting, but when you get them sorted they make the unit.
Please take these as helpful pointers and not criticisms   :D

Cheers
Mick

Offline MiniPatton

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:40 PM »
I appreciate feedback!  Yeah, I wasn't overly happy with banner or shields either, I think that is what made me say they were my least favorite of the three units.  I might try again - I also saw that Magister Militum in the UK makes shield transfers.  I might go that route with them...I definitely need to get some new brushes for a start, as I think even my better brushes are getting long in the tooth.  I also noticed when I loaded up the photos and they showed up some big that I see some clean up work to do as well - it helps having the miniature blown up that large.