October 28, 2024, 03:16:36 PM

Author Topic: [BFG] Gron's Inquisiton and others...  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Gron

[BFG] Gron's Inquisiton and others...
« on: January 12, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
INQUISITION
Top: 3x GK SC made from resin.
Middle: Inquisitorial Cruiser, made entirely from resin. Prow: GK SC prow, hull: IN cruiser hull with grand cruiser battery, Engines: GK SC engine flipped up side down and added GK SC side shields. Also added brass "I" on the prow.
Bottom: 3x original Grey Knight Strike Cruisers

Inquisitor Battleship, made from resin, made this just prior to the release of the Inquisition document v1.0. It's basically a beefed up Excorcist Grand Cruiser.

100% resin Grand Cruisers.

Even a failed cast can become a great scenery =)

NECRONS
Not a drop of resin here but almost 100% plasticard! :D

TYRANIDS

The Novus
Custom built/created fleet that I started on about two years ago. The short version is that they are descendants from the early colonisation fleet of the Imperium. They got isolated for some millenniums and are now on the run from the Tyranids (who I built simultaneously) and have therefore come into contact with the Imperium again. They utilise super heavy transports as they are mass migrating their entire civilisation.

Various WIP, had not made rules or decided what they were at this point, just created from any bits I saw fit.

Hive Vessel: 20HP, 15cm, 4+ Battleship with armament pretty much like a IN Dictator cruiser.

Carrier cruiser, 5+, 15cm, 3/3 L/B and basically no more weapons. The general idea was that many cruisers utilised was hastily converted to the new situation as some became offensive while others became vast transports for the very population.
Yes a close up is not very flattering to the details as I mostly use old dried up paints and brushes that hardly qualifies as brushes any more :(

The Great Exodus event where the Novus abandon their worlds. Seen back at the planet is the Exodus Barge witch is a 30HP 15cm 4+ transport with a massive 30cm 8FP broadside but has 5/5 L/B.

I've play tested them roughly 20 times and they achieved victory in only one or two games, so they should be far from overpowered. The smaller cruisers made from Land Speeder engines are equipped with 8x one shot torpedoes that detonates as a nova cannon and vs planets can trigger a cataclysmic result. Seen here is their main line battle cruiser that use weaponry like bombardment cannons witch has almost 360 fire arc. Most Novus ships has 15cm move and 4+ rear armour to reflect their overstressed engines.
I've tried experimenting with an alternative flak system for them that can fire up to 30cm (meaning less regular weapon batteries).

The Imperial Navy
Obviously I have to honour my main work horse as well.

Two Overlords is my favourite choice as a command core.

Old pic but as good as any, only added two Tyrants made from resin a few days ago, this pic was taken about three years ago.