September 28, 2024, 08:12:28 PM

Author Topic: Additional mini's?  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Zhukov

Additional mini's?
« on: December 27, 2010, 01:52:24 AM »

Hey anyone that still plays this... lol,

I received a copy of this game for Christmas and I was wondering, what are ways to expand this game? I know GW originally sold some extra figs but now those are no longer in print. I know that Copplestone Miniatures sells some great 10mm figs to expand into Uruk-Hai, Gondor, and Rohan, but what are good ways of getting Easterlings, additional Dwarves, Haradrim and others? In the Warmaster range, I noticed a few possibilities there. Any thoughts on this?

The rules for this game are... ok. I will probably use a variation of Armati or DBA (or a homebrew mix of both) for simplicity. But the Miniatures look FANTASTIC and the box set is such a GREAT deal!!!

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Zhukov

Re: Additional mini's?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
Thanks fracas! Lotsa links were good but I think I need to rephrase my question.

What would you guys use specifically in adding minis for this game? For instance, do Araby work well as Haradrim?

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:13:11 PM »

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
^^ it all depends on the imagery you have for those troops...   are you going by the books or by the movies ?

Offline Zhukov

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 02:14:17 AM »

I'm looking more or less for which specific models can represent what we don't have in the battle of five armies series. Since I don't like the Warmaster system, I have no interest in those lists, even though it looks like "the dog" put a LOT of thought and time into that.

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.