July 08, 2024, 11:23:12 AM

Author Topic: BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC: CHRONICLES  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Maverick

• Lurker
  • BFG Project Director
    • BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC: CHRONICLES
BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC: CHRONICLES
« on: August 05, 2010, 11:49:18 PM »
Let me start by stating how good it is to see this site resurrected!  :D

Some of you may be familiar with Battlefleet Gothic: Chronicles from the interview in Warp Rift 25.

It is the primary goal of the project to continue to develop Battlefleet Gothic in the tradition of Games Workshop and in a spirit of excellence.

It is our duty to revitalise interest in Battlefleet Gothic.
To achieve this we aim to drastically and dynamically expand the scope of the game to encompass the whole Warhammer 40,000 galaxy (not just one sector), and to utalise a game-link system which seemlessly links Battlefleet Gothic to Warhammer 40,000.

We believe that the Battlefleet Gothic community should pull-together in solidarity of a common cause and it is our sincere intention to partner with fan sites such as this one and to call upon the talents of experienced players to help develop our supplement.

Kind regards,

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:01:56 PM by Maverick »

Offline RayB HA

Re: BATTLEFLEET GOTHIC: CHRONICLES
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:13:51 AM »
It's pretty hard to link 40K to BFG without having Epic as an intermediary.

I'm all for invigorating and revitalising the community but you have to carefully craft a campaign/or other connecting factor where the scale is so different.

I would suggest a normal BFG campaign, with an unclaimed world to the side (not a primary world, a lesser world or moon in a civilised system) as the conflict in 40K.
This could have rough effects in 40K concerning supplies and reinforcements. 40k can't have an influence in BFG beyond special scenarios allowing refits or special torpedoes (small but valuable resources).

Can anyone think of a better link between the two game systems?

Cheers,

RayB HA
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »
Your Planetary Assault?

Offline Maverick

• Lurker
  • BFG Project Director
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »
Epic is certainly one option, although sadly one that presents some limitations in that GW failed to develop it in its entirety and a good deal of stuff is missing, unaccounted for and unrepresented on the tabletop.
Planetary assault is a definate must!
I argue that 40K can influence BFG: important boarding actions aboard ships or orbital fortresses, securing planet-side defences, to make planetary assault easier, perhaps even preventing the arch-enemy from escaping to orbit and bolstering the enemy fleet or escaping to fight another day. Maybe a Daemon Gate has been opened on a Crone World and is creating a warp singularity through which a Daemonfleet will emerge.
Will the Eldar stop it before it is too late?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:11:09 PM by Maverick »

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »
Epic: at TacCom you can see that like every race has models now for the fans to use. Be it other manufacturers or great own made resin armies.

Offline Valhallan

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:56:00 AM »
boarding actions. perfect scale, a place for characters and overly bloody fighting. makes a difference in game to bfg.
due to time it would limit bfg scale battles to >=1500points though

Offline RayB HA

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 02:55:18 AM »
You can't play a game of 40K everytime you have a boarding action! That's just crazy! ::) Also if you were to do so, no armies beyond Nids and Necrons can be represented in any useable way. IG aren't IN, Eldar Corsairs aren't all rangers, SM's on a ship won't have access to tanks etc...

Planetary assualts are massive! One transport will carry far more than a conventional army in 40k. Actually it would be fine for Epic but I doubt many people would want to base a massive Epic campaign off one BFG game! Although, it would be cool!

Cheers,

RayB HA 
+++++++++++

When I joined the Corp we didn't have any fancy smancy tanks! We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock for an entire platoon, and we had to share the rock!

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:30 AM »
Forgeworld is coming up with boarding actions, new BFG rules (????) in Imperial Armour 10.

Offline Maverick

• Lurker
  • BFG Project Director
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 04:00:29 AM »
That would be right. Leave it to Forgeworld to do a thorough half-effort.  :D
What they offer in fluff, artwork & minatures; they completely lack in actual game mechanics.
And they just tag it onto their 40K stuff and then charge you full price.   >:(
Rant aside though, I'd be mildly interested to see what they come up with and if it positively contributes to the game.  ;)