July 18, 2024, 06:25:32 PM

Author Topic: OSJC's 39th Eoforwich Pioneer Corps/Filey 42nd Droptroops (IG army project)  (Read 12873 times)

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
Re: OSJC's 39th Eoforwich Pioneer Corps/Filey 42nd Droptroops (IG army project)
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2022, 10:28:01 AM »
as if you all didnt know already, its been cold.
damnably cold. too bloody cold.

but you know what Sister Haines says - "...cold is the Emperor's way of telling us to burn more heretics!"

A member of the order of the wedgewood chalice, Sister Olivia Haines is spiritual advisor to the troops in the Eoforwich system.
Ensuring that all will hear her rousing fervour, she is armed with an arcane comlink system, complete with backing tracks with such hits as "death to the deviant" and "righteous duty is its own reward" in order to give her speech the garandeur she believes it deserves.
when words fail, her lasgun "his blade" is sure to add spice to the sentiment...
[/i]

yes. its the Anvil industy "evangelist" mini.
All I did was swap out the lasgun barrel for a dkok one and the rest is 'out the box'.
An exercise in painting something bright, I wanted to touch on the wedgewood blue as on my SoB Kar Dunaish ships I did for BFG, but decided I could not find the EXACT colour I wanted in the citadel range, so I simply went and bought some acylic wedgewood blue paint from hobbycraft.
I first started with a codex grey (dawnstone in todays money?) base on the white/blue bits over my usual black spray undercoat.
the wedgwood blue was shaded by adding adeptus-battlegrey to it and highlighted by adding successive white ink
the rest of her kit is my usual wood, leather, steel and brass as on the other Eoforwich/Filey troops.
I toyed around doing the armour the same green as on my troopers but in the end felt that a blue was the best compliment. its the same blue as on Cap's helm so thats a good enough tie-in for me...

more soon... 
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2022, 03:02:13 PM »
Awesome

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2022, 12:50:34 PM »
thanks H!

Adeptus Mechanicus Scribe Dorothy Maitrykes has been in service to the Omnissiah for untold years.
Dot currently finds herself writing her memoirs about her time in the Eoforwich system...

Yup, another Anvil female mini, the 'scribe'.
Again, taken from the sisters of the burning rose range, she oozes 40k vibes.
I went for classic ad-mech scheme, but kept the white to a minimum, to prevent the santa-look from creeping in.
I did do the feather-quill white as a compromise.
The rest of her kit is the usual bronze/brass and steel you'd expect from the ad-mech but I decided to add the green to the holster for some interesting contrast to all the warm tones of the red-robes/brown-leathers and to tie her in with the eoforwich troopers a bit.
one touch I added at the last minute was the turquoise marbley finish to the scroll-tube as a nice reference to the GW studio third edition Dark eldar (and also the deamonhunter) minis that often had this effect/scheme on. ('twas Matt Parkes that started that off I believe).

more soon...

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2023, 08:05:58 PM »

Agent William, James Blazkowicz
A master of stealth and secrecy, B.J, is the filey droptroop's bad-boy of espionage and terminal action seeker.
Armed with a silenced bolt pistol and mono-filament dagger, B.J is sent into enemy territory to seek and destroy enemy targets, his demolition charges making short work of enemy vehicles and bunkers, in and out with nothing but bodies and smoking rubble to show he was ever even there... 
[/b]

so yeah, this is my Filey version of Sly Marbo.
yup I know I already did the rioteer for the 39th's Marbo but I felt the filey could use someone similar!
I chose wolfenstein's protagonist as the inspiration due to the filey's american theme...
based on anvil stuff, he uses the d-day torso with fatigue legs, got to have the matching kneepads with the rest of the filey troops right?
The head, pistol and holster all come from the scoutsprue, the silencer a piece cut from an imperial tank smoke-launcher to better match the design of the astartes sniper and stalker bolter silencers some.
The silenced boltpistol was a nice nudge to both the silenced sten and luger in rtcw and a suitable weapon for infiltration and assasination if ever I saw one...
His knife is from the oldcadian sprue but whittled down into a stabbier point to make it look more like the commando knife from RTCW.
The dynamite charges are from the old whf handgunner's sprue and the pockets are straight off the assault intercessor sprue.
The lid on his waist is cut from a victoria lamb arcadian head and was just added for a bit of interest but any would have done I suppose.
I just liked the pack of fags tucked into the strap.
Yes, the pose is more or less the same as on my 39th infantry sgt. But this time I have left the arm joint un-glued so that this pose is also possible:

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2023, 05:50:26 PM »
First of a new regiment based off the Nucadians: the Selby 151st Infantry Division.

Yup I know, the colurscheme is a rehash of my old Royston 111st... 
In all honesty the Selby 151st is kinda just a reimagining of them; the bullpup rifles, the colourscheme, the characterisations, all in common with the 111st, but just done better. I've learnt a lot since then; My conversion is better resulting in more natural poses, my GS sculpting vastly improved and most of all the painting is tonnes better. IMHO anyhow...

more soon...

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2023, 07:42:54 AM »
So cool.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2023, 10:31:53 AM »
thanks.

SO I got two of those new Selby 151st guard done today:

Apone and Clint.
As you can see, where I've not used the beige on the sleeves on clint, I've endeavoured to continue the colourscheme, elsewhere on the mini, namely his grenades... I think thats a fair compromise and something I'll likely do on t'others in the squad.
I've found moving the colourscheme around can create a sense of induviduality but as long as enough of the full scheme is used, the minis will still look cohesive as a unit. hopefully!
Clint's mask is done in DeathKorpsdrab, which is essentially a dark olive green. Alongside the black watch-cap I feel it gives him a darker, sneakier vibe that I was after...
Apone features a head from the Spacenam sprue and was chosen as its a nice field cap thats in the right scale fort he other heads I've been using.
I've been on an SG1 re-watch of late and it's clearly inspiring the minis I'm making. bullpup rifles, watch caps, field caps etc...
its not an exact rip-off by any means but a good reference point nonetheless...
Apone features some spot colour in the form of his blue-nylon rope bundle and his white cup. which now I lok at it could pass for a kahzi-roll... sigh... damn my eyes...

In other news, Ive made up a heavy infantryman: 

Sgt Everard reporting for duty...

Yup, I went for the madrobot colonial marine lid in the end as someone that much up-armoured would just have to have a helmet.
his york pattern lasgun is held on an anvil KSG arm and the other arm is from the anvil fatigue command sprue.
the resultant pose is clearly stollen from the primaris sgt that came with the darkimperium set but it works so I shant complain.
His bullpup lasgun ties him in with the troops. He has a radio from the spacenam sprue and the belt buckle itself has had a skull motif added to macth the nucadians...