July 03, 2024, 07:29:59 PM

Author Topic: Finally played BFG after a long hiatus  (Read 1343 times)

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Finally played BFG after a long hiatus
« on: October 10, 2021, 07:35:49 AM »
Fun games against Doublebasefanatic:

Side note: the Imperial fleet and Chaos fleet used in the games are for an introduction day we planned in november.

First game was Imperial Navy vs Chaos. Imperials (me) won. The nova cannon crippling a Murder at the beginning of the game was kinda jumpstart. The Dauntless & Firestorm flank proved to be the menacing one while the sturdy center held their own. In the end a Murder and Slaughter got destroyed and an Idolator squadron wiped. Versus a crippled Firestorm squadron and crippled Mars. The exploding Murder near my ships was a fun moment...

The second game with my Tau versus the Imperial fleet the dice proved noodles. His shooting wasn't great and when he got through my braces proved to be great. Only early on in the game he destroyed a Protector but after that the Protectors went into survival mode. In one turn a locked on Lunar and locked on Firestorm plus fire from another Lunar only managed to dent in one damagepoint. So got lucky at that point. But even the Tau had a hard time getting hits on. On the neglected flank my Castellans and Protectors wiped the Cobra's with ease, the Dauntless (a bit to much on its own in hindsight) got some ordnance attacks and got destroyed (turn after the Protector went). But from that point on my bombers (which I really need to re-think with no Custodian arond) and missiles kinda kept on missing. In one turn I dropped 3 waves of Missiles into the Mars (5,5,8) and only 1 hit was made. Most missed and what did succeed was braced.
But the flank force of Vior'la Protector plus Castellans ment I could keep poking the rear of the Imperial fleet and in the end I managed to destroy the Mars. With those 90* turns the Lunars battled a lost game.

Fun to be playing again! 

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: Finally played BFG after a long hiatus
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 08:41:36 PM »
The real life sun seemed to shine on that game!  Glad you got a real life game in!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Finally played BFG after a long hiatus
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 05:51:01 PM »
Yup!

8)