September 29, 2024, 11:15:32 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Empire Ostland  (Read 2282 times)

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
[WM] Empire Ostland
« on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »
After a few trials I'm going with an Ostland colour scheme for the Empire troops I've accumulated very slowly. I've made a start but there are a couple of units I'd like to do.

Bull Warriors. I'm a unit of Greatswords short so if anyone has a spare unit of these.

The unit I thought might be an interesting modelling challenge is some knights on bulls. I think some Pendraken oxen with armour on would do the trick for the mount. ill have to convert from tb line knights for the riders though. if anyone has any other ideas then sing out.

Offline dry_erase

• Loc: London
Re: [WM] Empire Ostland
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 09:24:42 PM »
That's a nifty idea.  The Pendraken bulls are excellent, but I wonder if they're a bit small, historical and static for what you're planning? Especiallly alongside the oversized GW Warmaster cavalry.

Might be better to go with some 15mm bulls - the Demonworld ones have a few poses and are a bit chunkier:

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/demonworld-15mm-c-76/demonworld-classic-c-76_151/the-empire-c-76_151_80/4124-bull-herd-16-p-2164.html

What do you reckon?

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »
Spot on. I came to the same conclusion earlier today when looking for them do you've beaten me to it there. There were some armoured bulls at 15mm but I had to do summat before I worked out which manufacturer. (a short search later) Here we go, these ones:

https://www.dragonfroggames.co.uk/product/legian-cavalry-with-spears-shields-on-lightly-armored-bulls-16-figures-

I think the demon world ones will be better.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 06:20:39 AM by industrialtrousers »

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
Thanks to the speedy delivery by good folks at Ral Partha and Pendraken I've got the bits in and I think they'll work. The TB Line Teutons might need a cape or summat to give the appearance of slightly more bulk but pretty happy with them. The big Bollocks certainly have the imposing size worthy of a blue ribbon at the local A&P show. Proper Angus stud those.

For the armour Ill have to do some experimentation as I love the demigryph look but scale may prove decisive. Not sure if they armour on the flanks, an arrow in the arse isn't likely to do more than make them angry.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 08:46:01 PM »
Managed to get these modelled amongst usual business and one painted. All of the regiment will have white bulls. They're pretty close to what I imagined. Can't find my grey stuff which didn't help but they're OK.

Not A1 photos, I know, get an iPhone. stop it you sound like my daughter.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:26 AM »
Nice but BIG! Guess you won't be getting 4 of them on a 40x20 base?

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:31 PM »
This true, just be 2 of these monsters with a few dogs and one with a hafling prince.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 11:19:38 PM »
Nice beast ! A little bit big but well, at least they will be readable amongst the troops. Go on !