July 25, 2024, 05:16:40 PM

Author Topic: Does anybody still have the old BFG:R rules that Plaxor began?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Thinking Stone

• Loc: The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Though this recent bout of navel*-gazing may bring despair to those who lament the slow activity of this forum in modern times, it is a sign of life, at least!

I have recently been re-reading some of the old discussions that led to the creation of the BFG:R project (which is now represented by BFG:XR, of course), and several of the discussions make reference to Plaxor’s document of modified rules. I foolishly never retrieved a copy for myself and they are long-gone from their hosting platform. Does anybody have a copy?

Note that I’m not talking about the fleet list rules, but rather the main rulebook modifications (things like fighter attack craft all getting a 4+ save). Most of these were dropped from the BFG:R project when AfterimageDan took over and the focus changed.

There is a document up on Scribd, but it seems much more incomplete than some of the versions Plaxor once had.

* at least the puns are appropriate!

Offline commander

Re: Does anybody still have the old BFG:R rules that Plaxor began?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »
found the later bfg:xr on my laptop. Will have to search my older laptop when i'm back at home next week.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:31:10 PM »
Hi Thinking Stone! I know I'm late to this post but I think I have Plaxor's documents somewhere. Still looking for them?

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
Looks like i may have them. File dates are 2012 so not sure where that lands

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arvckd7HufHWhVyhulqV5SDBj-L-?e=njPgC9
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline Thinking Stone

• Loc: The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 07:10:19 AM »
I was wondering why I'd not seen these replies and then I realised that it was because the forum had been down :P

Thanks everybody! It's good to see people still alive (well, I'd seen Jimmy elsewhere, but still)! I'll have a look at Jimmy Zimms's document and see what it looks like!

It'd be interesting to see if they're the same as your copy, @afterimagedan!

Thinking Stone