September 03, 2024, 12:09:45 AM

Author Topic: Campaign Rules Update  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Green_Squad_Leader

• Loc: Rode Island, USA
Campaign Rules Update
« on: December 03, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
So I decided to create a separate post for the update to the Campaign Rules section I've been working on for the last few months.  I was cluttering up the main rules development post.

I recently discovered to my horror that I had updated two different version of the same file and then deleted one when I thought it was redundant.  As a result I lost the Tau and Dark Eldar Refit and Crew Skill tables I had added as well as the updated Promotions Tables for each faction.  Thankfully I was able to recover the Tau ones but I've had to redo the other stuff.

In this update you'll find the new promotion table added, integration of the Command Value system into the campaign, substantial rewrites of the pirate faction and attacking planets rules (mostly clarifications), and some touch ups on the stratagems and detachments themselves.  I'd recommend giving it a look, please tell me any recommendations you may have. 

Still to do:
  • Complete faction rules for all factions.
  • Planetary Defense budgets for different system types.
  • Refit and Skill tables for Dark Eldar, Necrons, & Tyranids..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt57x3qk2eyw9yv/bfg%20-%20revised%20campaign%20rules%20ver%201.3.1.pdf?dl=0

Re: Campaign Rules Update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:38:41 AM »
UPDATE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt57x3qk2eyw9yv/bfg%20-%20revised%20campaign%20rules%20ver%201.3.2.pdf?dl=0
[spoiler]- Faction special rules are finished; Tau, Adeptus Mechanicus, Forces of the Inquisition, and Rogue Traders are newly added.
- Uninhabited Systems were reworked to actually be dynamic elements of the campaign rather than a useless oversight.  In brief they are much easier to capture than inhabited systems and players can move through uncontrolled ones when declaring the targets of their attacks.  To balance that there is a 50% chance that a player will lose control of an uninhabited system at the end of each of their campaign turns as their fleet gets reassigned to more important theaters.  So they can be used to blockade your opponents and to leapfrog your attacks.
- Naval Bases have been reworked a lot.  Instead of having an identical effect to Forge Worlds (oversight on my part) they now increase the rate at which withdrawn and destroyed ships are repaired.  Attacking Naval Bases now piggybacks on the Attacking Pirate Bases as there is no reason to have the same rules twice.
- Daemon Worlds have been reworked to be consistent with the design style of the other systems.  There is actually a reason to try to capture them now if you aren't chaos.
-  Planetary Defense modifiers have been added so that some system types get more while Deathworlds get less.

Now the only things I really need to add are the refit and crew skills tables for the remaining factions.[/spoiler]

Re: Campaign Rules Update
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »
IT'S FINISHED!!!

Its taken months but this log is finally finished.  The only thing I can think of that it may need is the explanation of how to build sub-sector maps.  But rules wise its finished, every faction has rules and is now fully featured in the campaign rules section.  I would very much appreciate feedback on this, particularly now that its all put together.

Update Ver 1.4 Changelog
[spoiler]
  • Added Microwarp Jumps as a Generic Strategem.  This is in essence a voluntary use of the Warp Rift rules.
  • Dark Eldar Refits and Crew Skills are added
  • Necron Refits added

Otherwise there we just some reformating and touch ups.  Unless anyone feels that they need to be included in this tome I think that I'll leave the Tyranid evolution table in their Codex, especially given that they are one of the next factions on the chopping block for a revisit.[/spoiler]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt57x3qk2eyw9yv/bfg%20-%20revised%20campaign%20rules%20ver%201.4.0.pdf?dl=0