September 27, 2024, 02:22:58 PM

Author Topic: looking for a bridge/buildings  (Read 5029 times)

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
Re: looking for a bridge/buildings
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 09:56:45 PM »
I've got the same windmill, and it was easy to drill out a small hole to fit a piece of brass rod to the sails (which I glued). Then just leave it free to rotate in the body of the building, this also makes it much easier to remove for storage.

The Epsilion stuff is nice. The Total Battle Miniatures stuff is even nicer, but you have to paint it yourself these days.

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 12:42:09 AM »
that's a good point.  maybe even a small magnet....I had to play a game this weekend just to get used to my new buildings but my tape measurer knocked the windmill even without the sails, so maybe just magnets so it would drop off and not possibly break apart.

something to think about for a week  :)

Offline forbes

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 07:06:19 PM »
The only downside to a magnet is you will need to drill a fairly wide hole. Which might be quite hard to fit into the sails without causing them to break. But you might be able to just glue the magnet to the back of the sails, it would be hard to see.

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 12:44:12 AM »
I don't know, these things get pretty small  :)

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/magcraft-nsn0591

once Halloween dies down and the kids no longer want to kill me for taking their candy away from them I will have the time to sit down and play around with these things again.

The other problem I need to overcome is how to get a magnet sheet to the bottom of them.  If I trace it I will get marker on the buildings, if I just simply cut it with a knife I might scratch up the model  :) 

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and I will post a pic when I get the bridges just to share it with everyone in case they were wondering.

Offline forbes

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »
When doing magnet sheet for figure bases, I usually cut the magnetic sheet a couple of mm smaller on each side. Makes it easier to fit, and gives you a small gap to help lift the figure base.