September 06, 2024, 12:23:54 AM

Author Topic: BFG:XR question/shooting  (Read 1385 times)

Offline AJCHVY

• Loc: La Habra, California USA
BFG:XR question/shooting
« on: January 01, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »
Hey there, hopefully someone can clear up a few things for me.

Under normal firing circumstances, most ships seems to have either port/starboard weapons, or forward facing or even some that are multiple arcs. In most cases there is no issue, but with some fleets, they have guns on front as well as both sides. In my gaming group, up until about a year ago, I had always played it so that if an enemy ship lies in multiple arcs, a ship could fire each arc at the target, combining weapons batteries as per the rules.

Only in the last year or so I have had people tell me you only get to fire one facing at a ship, but again I don't see it in the rules stating that this is the case. Here's a copy of the shooting sequence.

1.Choose a ship to fire.
2.Check the ship has targets within range.
3.Check the ship has weapons within fire arc of the
target.
4.Resolve firing.
5.Choose another ship to fire.

Unless I am missing something, nothing here stated that you pick one facing. If this is the case someone please inform me as to where it states this, as currently my main fleet (orks as some may have guessed) are severely hampered by being able to use only one facing as I relied on having more dice at a much shorter range than the other fleets.