October 04, 2024, 04:17:23 PM

Author Topic: [INQ54mm)  (Read 5110 times)

Offline marell le fou

Re: [INQ54mm)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »
Really nicely made.

I'm not fond of the choice of the metalic painting on the glove. I would have given him a special treatment, allowed y the scale.

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 11:01:33 PM »
I liked the name PoorlyAnus........ I thought it suited him ;)

He looks AWESOME though. The weathering is great. The face is great as well. We need to get some of those Space Hulk games in. I can see him and Bannus kicking some serious behind together. You with you're OTT weaponry and Bannus with his shockingly good luck. :D

Offline radu lykan

• Loc: northants, uk
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
This is my first go at imgur after the fiasco that is photobucket, if this works then I will gradually go back through my plogs and get them sorted

I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut. :)
I wanted a sword for my newest inquisitor character yorgi mafile karstev,  I broke out the brass rod and a hammer and bashed it into shape, this is the first sword I have tried making in this way and it was very satisfying to do.

I sharpened it to a silly level but figured I don't want to cut myself every time I pick it up and so I have blunted it back down a bit.

Having attached the sword to the model and added a claw I am now after inspiration on 40k-ing him a bit, any ideas?

Do these laurels look ok?

Offline Chios

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »
The miniature comes together very nicely, liking the pose and everything. As far as to the laurels... I could'nt tell what those were from the picture, truth be told. At first I took them to be horns, deamonhost-style, then I figured those might be wires... could you get us a diferent angle maybe?

As for the laurels themselves, since the Inquisitor sport such a remarkably refined, almost patrician look, maybe do the laurels as they are depicted in classical paintings? Peter Paul Rubens did some where the Laurels are sort of projecting upwards (reminiscent of a Helmet with wings almost).

http://www.theleidencollection.com/wp-content/uploads/1970/01/Rubens-Caesar-Brandenburg-1200x1586.jpg
http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/Julius-Caesar.jpg