September 28, 2024, 08:27:30 AM

Author Topic: Warmaster sideevent in Ostend, 21 st of May  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Sjapie

• Loc: Ostend, Belgium
Warmaster sideevent in Ostend, 21 st of May
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »
After finding this forum and Getting into warmaster It's been brewing a bit in the back of my head to do something for warmaster. Our club is hosting an X-wing tournament and there are a nummer of sprare tables that we can use for warmaster. There's a number of people interested in starting with the game locally and Toon is also coming over.

I don't have time to set up a tourney, nor do I have any price support but it would be wonderfull to meet up with Some of you, get some games in. I do realise this is very late notice, but it's just now that I was informed there's Some tables we'll be able to use.

Please let me know if you are interested. I'll keep you informed.

I'll also see to organize another event in the coming year, maybe in another venue, so if you are sorry you cannot make it, there's going to be other opportunities. I just need to start with planning it. One thing is sure, I'll use the same rules that is used by the crews from Saffron Waldon and Colchester.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
Re: Warmaster sideevent in Ostend, 21 st of May
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:13:38 PM »
already locked-in on the 22d, a sjame

Offline Sjapie

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:19:05 AM »
Well, the event was real good fun. Basicly we just played a six player battle with 3 new players.
It has helped getting some players here.

Peter and Christina came over from Germany and we had a really fun day. After the battle we went out to eat something simple before returning to the clubhouse and having some boardgames.

I will look at doing a tournament either end of this year or the beginning of next year. I'll make sure everyone knows well in advance. With lots of contacts with old players and a local base of new players, let's see if we can revive warmaster here.

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »
@Sjapie, if you can let us know the date soon, Janners and I might be able to come across the Channel and attend your tournament.  We both need to make arrangements with work and family!
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline Sjapie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:35:16 AM »
I'll check in the club when we can do something. (I'm no longer in their comittee, so I need to check).
I'll also see to check with the other warmaster events so they don't clash.

Offline Sjapie

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 06:52:59 PM »
Ok, I checked with the guys at the club and I'm going to do a warmaster event on the 29th of Oktober 2016.
It will take place in Oostende, Belgium.
I'll open a new topic with all the necessary information this week.

Update: I'm forced to reschedule my time the coming months, ergo I will not be able to organise an event this fall.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:15:06 AM by Sjapie »