September 28, 2024, 08:11:02 PM

Author Topic: check out the vid  (Read 5579 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: check out the vid
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »
For those hesitant to click the link it is a "Warmaster Timelapse Test" showing a couple of gamers playing a game of Warmaster with the camera fixed in one place to see the whole battlefield.  Neat idea!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
check out the vid
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »
Ah :) that's from 2 years back - a Warmaster-tournament at LinCon here in Sweden. Good times ^^

Also my vid. Yours truly to the left :) First test to see how it would work out doing a timelapse of a miniatures game.

If I try this again I wouldve liked to get the camera dead center over the table. Have it take photos more often and use little signs to show orders and such. When editing I guess it would be nice to add in little captions of what is what and how things go.

/Mlkr
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:05:21 PM »
For those hesitant to click the link it is a "Warmaster Timelapse Test" showing a couple of gamers playing a game of Warmaster with the camera fixed in one place to see the whole battlefield.  Neat idea!

Thanks Stormwind...

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 06:09:13 PM »
If I try this again I wouldve liked to get the camera dead center over the table. Have it take photos more often and use little signs to show orders and such. When editing I guess it would be nice to add in little captions of what is what and how things go.

Two years ago, but I just discovered it now :)

Very nice vid... and grea idea to add the captions or close ups... yes please do it, and if you have more vids will be a pleasure to see and enjoy them.

Offline Aquahog

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 10:25:41 PM »

Also my vid. Yours truly to the left :)

To the right, if I may correct you mate. That is my Dark Elves to the left, under the command of my regular opponent. ;)

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 02:40:35 AM »
wish there were more of these, saw this a while back and they said there might be more coming  :)

Offline mlkr

check out the vid
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 07:59:49 AM »
Haha ^_^ yeah! To the right. Woah was I hungover yesterday ;D

/Mlkr

Offline mlkr

check out the vid
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 08:08:15 AM »
Aaaaand it seems I will have to take this little project up again at some point :)

/Mlkr

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 02:30:13 PM »
That's cool. Were pictures taken every minute?

It gives you a great overall view of how the battle progressed but without captions it's hard to tell what things are. If you do add captions I'd suggest calling out units/brigades at the start, what's in combat and how it resolved, and any other odd ball things (awesome shooting, spells, blunders, etc). If you do add then I'd also suggest freezing on an image for longer as people will miss too much action as they read.

Offline mlkr

check out the vid
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 05:04:50 PM »
I sadly dont remember the camera's rate of fire.

Yeah I think it's a good concept for showing the big picture but to make it really good will take considerable more work during the game and then a lot more editing postgame. I'll first work on a good way to center the camera over the table, then I'll look into the rest :)

/Mlkr

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 01:00:28 PM »
One of the better battle reports that I have seen had a camera centered above the table and then actually had a close up picture in picture of the "pen" they rolled the dice in so you could see really everything.  They didn't do a stop motion camera but just played fast.  it was a game of 40k.  No characters to it just the basic intro and then right down to the game and then a basic outro and thoughts from the players.

I like the bubble text and captions idea Dave had, that could replace the intro/outro talking stuff.

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
I did a stop motion video of a game a few years ago, it was Hail Caesar rather than WM (sorry). Got a several hour battle down to under 2 minutes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZzIGsImPxBZaLUKZP9xXvtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I did add some captions, so hopefully they explain what's happening.

It was taken using a DSLR camera on a tripod, with a picture every 20 or 30s. Setup at one end of the table. Lighting was't great.

Never got around to doing it again - don't know why.

Offline Sjapie

• Loc: Ostend, Belgium
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »
This here is a timelapse of a battle of Jo and me earlier this year. Jo made it with a camera over the centre of the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6ApoQs7zU

The battle fought was our third battle in our Idol of Gork Campaign.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 06:06:27 PM »
Those kind of vids are crazy and very fun to see... I like them. Thumbs up