September 29, 2024, 06:27:15 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Nomadic Orcs  (Read 1681 times)

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
[WM] Nomadic Orcs
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »
This week I played my first ever game using the Nomadic Orcs list.  Played Rowlybot who was using Daemons.  I used Beastmen, Marauders & Kislev Horse Archers minis as proxies.  My list was General, 4 heroes, 2 shaman, 3 boars, 6 wolf riders, 3 chariots, 2 giants, and 1 squigs. 

I lost fairly badly.  The army struggled to get off the deployment line due to Orc command.  So very static rather than ranging across the steppes!  And the 9 wolf units were incredibly squishy.  My first impression is that either this army needs to be allowed more heavy cavalry (perhaps 1 unit of boars for every 1 unit of wolf/spider riders) or it needs something like a no distance command modifier.

Has anyone else ever used the list and have opinions on it?  Perhaps it is a decent list and I just played it poorly?
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
Re: [WM] Nomadic Orcs
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
My steppe hordes are proxied of Kislev.......  that kinda fixes all the issues you have     ;-)

Offline Rowlybot

• Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: [WM] Nomadic Orcs
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »
And there I was thinking it was my brilliance as a general with a keen eye for tactics and strategy.

But no, I have to agree with Empireaddict - whilst the daemons are no pushovers the Nomads really seemed to struggle. More so than I would have thought. As a fan list I think it's fallen into the trap of not wanting to be seen as an overpowered list and the author(s?) may have inadvertently handicapped the army instead.