September 10, 2024, 04:20:10 PM

Author Topic: BFG Armada Beta has started!  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Ruckdog

BFG Armada Beta has started!
« on: March 13, 2016, 04:09:25 AM »
I've put in a few hours with the BFG Armada beta since it started on Thursday. So far, I've played through the small bit of the campaign that is available, and gotten myself up to Level 4 in the single player skirmish. I'm really liking this game! The amount of customization you can put into each ship is pretty amazing, and I'm finding the combat itself rather fun. With the different abilities that are available to each ship, I really feel like I'm controlling a massive ship instead of a tank or squadron of infantry. Anyone else been playing this?

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
Re: BFG Armada Beta has started!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 05:57:53 AM »
Cool. From what I was seeing it seemed to have all the right familiar notes to table top but tempered to be a decent computer game. It was rather painful watching the guy play since he seemed to have zero idea how tabletop works. So many moments of... he's got shields up, you still can't do that teleport attack.
-Vaaish

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
BFG Armada Beta has started!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 11:24:12 AM »
Looking forward to this and a few other games built around GW's IP.
I just need to buy myself a new computer before I can actually play any of them ;)
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »
My computer can't run it. I start it up and all I see is the pretty picture of ships fighting, and then it freezes, every time. Ah well, time to start shopping...

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 12:56:22 AM »
My friend is constantly giving me messages about how much he's enjoying it. Got too much stuff to play first, though:(
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.