October 01, 2024, 12:30:44 AM

Author Topic: Tell us your plans  (Read 17557 times)

Offline marell le fou

Re: Tell us your plans
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:08 PM »
Nah, i took my thinest evergreen rectangular stick and cut it as thin as possible. Not that difficult.

This old human group are from Lustria, of course. They inhabit the "Nameless City". An old forgotten city where undeads recently moved in their sleep...

Thanks for encouragements, all !

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
Very nice.  Good to see some lateral thinking on 'locating' WM armies. 
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 08:21:35 PM »
I just recently finished painting a huge lot of mighty empires tiles and have finally started painting up my chaos warmaster army.  Soon me and my brother (the only one within 4 hours drive) will start going back and forth to play a game every month to try and complete a campaign for warmaster on the mighty empire map.

Also while doing a full test of the man o'war and heroquest integration I have been working on since early july.

I just recently finished up a nurgle fleet, purchased a khorne and empire fleet complete.  Finished a dwarf fleet in the fall.  Started an elf fleet but nothing there yet.

Hero quest has a heavy start, after I have the warmaster chaos army all painted, I can get to work on my new collection of old, old Ral Parthas to use as your warmaster hero characters in a heroquest game before deployment for the campaign year.  My rules are just today finalized and re-distributed to my brother and hopefully come spring we can begin a 1 on 1 campaign.

I am really excited but my brother is really worried that the rules will be junk  ;)

Offline Tiberius

• Loc: Anaheim, CA
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 03:30:20 AM »
Oh wow, that is all very impressive.  Partially just impressive that you own Mighty Empire tiles and that many Man o' War ships.  I really hope you post pictures of all of those soon.  Also I hope you document your campaign well,  I'd love to see it, it's sounds fantastic.  I've always dreamed about doing something like that, but I've never had the time or commitment, let alone other people interested, to dream about pulling something like that off.

As for myself, I haven't been around much, first because of the holidays, then in general because of school work, and also because my gaming as been distracted by Star Wars Armada recently.  I found the core set for very cheap, and now have been painting the tiny x-wings and Tie fighters.  I will try to post pictures soon.

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2016, 04:14:20 PM »
To be honest, the whole thing will have taken almost 2 years.  since cracking open the box I stored all of our warmaster armies in, this coming june will be 2 years.

BUT with 2 years you can be pretty patient with ebay and get some really good deals.  Like the man o'war ships.

My brother and I both understand how ambitious and complicated it all will be but we both have low hopes  ;)
Transporting around the castle terrain pieces will be hard so I think I will need to host those games at my house so hopefully the kids can stay away from us as that is the under belly purpose of doing this, to have a break from the normal family stuff and to keep our own personal identities and sanity  LOL

As long as we try, it might actually work out to some degree. I will try to post some stuff here and there for sure though we wont be really starting it up until the weather gets better and even then life will still intervene.

The only hard part about the instructions are for the man o'war weapons firing on the warmaster troops and then how the heroquest magical items work during a warmaster battle, everything else really fell into line using one of the game's rules.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2016, 08:25:11 PM »
If you have the patience for it, wargaming always rewards you. =)
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2016, 01:03:26 AM »
also I have to admit, it was one thing after the next and a slippery slope.  I wanted to play a large siege game for warmaster.....needed castle walls and more infantry.....then decided, a campaign....found mighty empires, which had ships.....Man O'War ships will do.....

Tested a campaign during the summer with man o'war fleets tied in and decided I really needed some action for heroes.....heroquest......bought a cheap-o on e-bay that actually came with a nice group of old ral partha's....ral partha pre-slotted models for all!!!

I hope I'm done  ;)
I have a lot of painting yet to go as I have purchased an orc army for warmaster off ebay, the first army starter box I ever picked up but never bought back in 2000 when they first came out (went with chaos instead).

It definitely is rewarding stormwind, thank you!