September 17, 2024, 04:14:09 PM

Author Topic: Ships from multiple Battlefleet Qs  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Zorcon

• Loc: United States
    • Zorcon's Word
Ships from multiple Battlefleet Qs
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »
I apologize if I am being daft. I haven't played BFG for about 10 years (excluding a 500 point test game I played about a week ago with my 11 yo son. I just discovered the 2010 Compendium a couple days ago when I joined this sight.

Am I reading the 2010 Compendium correctly? Ships from the same race, but different battlefleets may no longer freely mix?

For example, if I have an Emperor, a Retribution, and an Apocalypse Battleship. Under the 2010 rules they can not be in the same fleet unless I have a third Gothic sector battleship.

However, If I say my fleet is from the Armageddon sector, The Emperor, Apocalypse plus a Battlebarge would allow me to take the Retribution.

Do I understand correctly that in this case, the Retribution would be a reserve vessel? Does that mean it does not start the game on the table?

If my understanding is true, than the ships from different sectors should be painted in a different scheme?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:52:07 AM by Zorcon »
Bigger is better. If bigger wasn't better, then it wasn't big enough!

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Ships from multiple Battlefleet Qs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »
Hi,
Reserve vessels can start directly on the table. No need to bring them in later.

And, if you go by background, then yes, they should be painted differently. However you can also make up a story on a vessel that has been reserved into your sector millenia ago they decided to repaint the vessel in suitable colours. ;)

Offline Zorcon

• Loc: United States
    • Zorcon's Word
Re: Ships from multiple Battlefleet Qs
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Cheers!
Bigger is better. If bigger wasn't better, then it wasn't big enough!