September 17, 2024, 06:14:40 PM

Author Topic: Exorcist and Retaliator Stats  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Loyalist

• Loc: Halifax, NS Canada
Exorcist and Retaliator Stats
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:04 PM »
I've read BFG:R and saw the Exorcist and Retaliator got 2 more attack craft squadrons each and the Retaliator got a 15 cm range increase for the weapons batteries. Their points were listed as 360 and 375.

However, in BFG 2010 FAQ the lack of effect of prow critical hits is mentioned again but nothing is said about the BFG:R changes to the original stats in Armada. When gaming with these ships what stats should be used?

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
Re: Exorcist and Retaliator Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
Only the rules as listed in Armada. The BFG 2010 FAQ, while generally accepted everywhere, is still technically not official, so it's up to your group to agree on its use. As a different nugget, the BFG:FE rules are basically a completely new set of rules, so you'd have to agree to play by all the modifications present there before you can use that version of the ship. Considering they are still a work in progress, it's probably better to stick to the 2010 FAQ for now.

Offline Loyalist

• Loc: Halifax, NS Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:06 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Seahawk. Too bad the revisions to the Exorcist and Retaliator in BFG:R weren't made official. The Exorcist is OK without the extra 2 AC squadrons at 230 pts but the Retaliator is of very questionable value with it's original stats. Looks nice but too expensive.

Fortunately I held off attaching the weapons bits to my planned Retaliator while waiting for a reply; will now build it as a second Executor Class GC. 

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 07:34:01 AM »
Sorry, but BFG:FE?
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
Since it's not in any way official, I call it BFG: Fan Edition (its also more accurate, and would help do away with confusion exactly like this: play by the official rules or the fan edition). Using "revised" is reserved for the company itself, since I've seen many revised editions from assorted companies. I just can't bring myself to say BFG:R when GW has no hand in it.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »
Ahh ok. I was all, "there's another fan rewrite out there?"
Also doesn't the the original BFG:R was a sweeping change and when abandoned, a much more modest scope was done.

Where are we at that now, anyways?

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:29:57 AM »
I dunno anymore. Last bits in the forum done but haven't seen Dan in a while.

Offline blekinge

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »
Hi

I like the Fan edition name. However, I would always play with the Fan Edition. If GW would still sell ships and rules, perhaps the official edition could be something good. However, as the game is abandoned, no questions about the rules will EVER have an official answer. Until Seahawk or some other veteran can buy the rights to the game from GW, we will all play some kind of Fan Edition, as we will have to make up or agree on rules.

I feel that for the basic rules, the rulebook and the 2010 FAQ does a good job. For the individual fleets, use the official ones or the FE editions, as you like. The primary point is to play games. The secondary is to have fun. The game should reflect your understanding of the 40k universe. The game should NOT reflect GWs abandoned rules.

I do not think anyone are so blessed with BFG opponents that they will seriously pass up games if people do not play with the official rules.

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
I'm with you except for the 1 & 2 above. The point is to have fun, period. The how is by playing the game ;)

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 04:29:47 AM »
IIRC it's just Planetary Defences left, but don't quote me on that...not had much time for any gaming lately :(
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.

Offline blekinge

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
The Orks have not been finalized yet, but the current version, buried deep in the thread, should be very playable. It would probably just need better layouting and a spellcheck to be done.

The Planetary defenses are also outstanding. The rest should be done